Chapala.com Webboard

Southern Sisters Restaurant

heidinrick

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kam said:

Shockingly, Tiny, I would and I have in a different time and a different place.  And I would and will again. Maybe you missed that these are children, you know really small humans. 

They are being treated much better than their own country.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

They should see a judge, not a greenshirt stooge, to hear their claim.

I vote for that. And I'll also vote to cut everyone's SS payments by 50% to pay all those judges. Let the geezers eat cake and let's have more judges so we can give these poor folks a speedy trial and either let em in or turn them right around. Mexico let em cross so let Mexico hear their next asylum appeal.  Easy solution, next case!

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

I will let Ian rest on his laurels but on the subject of coca cola.  I told my coca cola botteler in the states that coca cola tasted better in Mexico than in the states.  He told me this was because they use real sugar in Mexico whereas in the states they don't.  He told me there were a few exceptions like in heavy Mexican communities where they still used real sugar..

Actually it's because in Mexico they use cane sugar, as opposed to the high-fructose corn syrup up north. However, in 2013, after the federal gov't in Mexico added a peso tax on a liter, they apparently switched here to corn syrup anyway. But if you are in Canada or the U.S., you can purchase imported Coke which is intentionally made with cane sugar for export. Or maybe not. Who knows... I haven't looked at a label lately. I switched to Red Cola.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

They are being treated much better than their own country.

Sorry, Tiny, but how do you know that? I actually live in one of those countries. Little people are not kept in cages here. 

2 hours ago, kam said:

Sorry, Tiny, but how do you know that? I actually live in one of those countries. Little people are not kept in cages here. 

These so called 'cages' is strictly from the news reporters trying to make a bad situation worse. Yes, they use chain link fence instead of solid walls so the total area of the former Wal Mart building is open for total viewing. Better security and reduction in the size of the staff. The size of walled areas would be the same if it was chain link or solid. 

Did you see the video of some of the children getting outside for recreation?

If you listen and believe the parents, the reason that they left was because they are afraid that their family would be killed.  That may be a little worse.

If you have a better solution, the US government would be glad to listen to you.

The parents are using their children to get what they want. The people from south of Mexico should have requested asylum in the first country they entered and not crossed an entire country to get to the USA. This sad situation is of their making, not the US's. They are being treated much better than they would in other countries. They chose to do this, they were not forced to leave their homeland. They were not forced to travel all across Mexico to another border. The majority are not fleeing a war torn country or abuse, they just want to get more things.

Archived