Chapala.com Webboard

Noisy Restaurants bad for you

CHILLIN

Unfortunately I have this bad habit of ordering "bad" food like big greasy burgers, french fries and onion rings regardless of the noise level.  And if I go in a new place and it is noisy I turn around and leave.  So I can't blame my love of things fattening and bad for me on noisy places.

I'll be 74 this year.  I'm just not spending a lot of time thinking about avoiding the things I like that might shorten my life.  :D

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Unfortunately I have this bad habit of ordering "bad" food like big greasy burgers, french fries and onion rings regardless of the noise level.  And if I go in a new place and it is noisy I turn around and leave.  So I can't blame my love of things fattening and bad for me on noisy places.

I'll be 74 this year.  I'm just not spending a lot of time thinking about avoiding the things I like that might shorten my life.  :D

Food not only feeds the body but the soul! 😉 Enjoy! 👌

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Yup. We are now too old to die young. Anything past 70 is the bonus round as far as I am concerned.

If getting fatter from eating "bad" food were the only consideration, that's not serious.  However, the painful and life-limiting diseases that afflict the elder obese are the end result of those choices.  It's bad enough to get old: worse to be sick and old. Personally, loud music in restaurants doesn't increase my appetite. Most often, it prevents me from ordering and causes me to leave quickly...never to return. However, as in all things: YMMV. 😎

7 minutes ago, gringal said:

...Personally, loud music in restaurants doesn't increase my appetite.

Music? It is the white folks yelling at each other across the table that riles my gut.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:59 PM, Xena said:

Yup. We are now too old to die young. Anything past 70 is the bonus round as far as I am concerned.

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

I would rather go with anything past 85 years is a bonus.  Grandma passed at 98, father at 95, Mom at 87 in spite of cll for last 10 years ..... So 70 is a bit too young for me.😊

Anything after eighty is gravy.  

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I should have said loudmouth azzoles.

Yeah I was wondering why their skin color would make any difference. We just had to endure what you describe except the loud talkers were Nacionals gracing Adelita's with their presence. Obnoxious is obnoxious.  Oh, and complete with Rover under the table!

He might have been referring to Cocinart, which I stopped going to on Saturdays, because they always seem to have a table of 12 or 14 drunken gringos getting louder and louder as the evening wears on, to the detriment of diners. The acoustics in the place make it miserable.

5 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

He might have been referring to Cocinart, which I stopped going to on Saturdays, because they always seem to have a table of 12 or 14 drunken gringos getting louder and louder as the evening wears on, to the detriment of diners. The acoustics in the place make it miserable.

They're even bad at lunchtime, especially when there's a large group at a table: all talking at once, of course.  I wish they could come up with a solution to the acoustic problem.  The food's good.

18 minutes ago, gringal said:

I wish they could come up with a solution to the acoustic problem.

Why not just ask the customers to act like civilized diners? That kind of behavior would get you kicked out of a Denny's, Tim Hortons, and even a Golden Coral NOB.

13 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Why not just ask the customers to act like civilized diners? That kind of behavior would get you kicked out of a Denny's, Tim Hortons, and even a Golden Coral NOB.

Yeah but then you might hurt someone's "feelings" and we know that nowadays that is a lot more important than the rest of us being able to enjoy our meals.  What has the world come to?  Restaurant owners chasing the Almighty peso also has a lot to do with it and that includes refusing to suggest Fido is not welcome.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

This happens constantly. We are not going to achieve much if anything by approaching drunken revellers. Further, in my opinion, it is the responsibility of the restaurant owner/manager, not the poor sap of a customer forced to deal with this. Just the thought of having to go through that grind before even getting to the place gets my dander up, and that's not conducive to what I like to think of as a relaxing evening out, with someone else taking care of me for a couple of hours and a few bucks.

Archived