Chapala.com Webboard

Mina La Antigua Restaurant

Wookie

We have passed by Mina La Antigua Restaurant in Riberas many times and have never tried it mainly because we thought there was no inside seating and do not like to sit outside so close to the street.  We stopped today and found there is a large inside seating area with ceiling fans that work.  The service is great and the food was delicious.  We are so happy that we gave this restaurant a try.  They have 3 other locations in Guadalajara.  They serve breakfast and lunch and there are all kinds of waffles (plain, savory and sweet), crepes (plain, savory and sweet), egg dishes, the hashbrowns were just like we like them, there are also lunches and sandwiches etc.  The coffee and the fresh orange juice was really top notch.  Do yourself a favor and give this restaurant a try if you have not already.  The servings are large and the prices very reasonable. 

Dear Lord!  We were both stuffed and my husband couldn't even finish his.  There was nothing at all small about their servings.  As I said the food was delicious .... but, I suppose to each his own.  Our meals came to approximately 90 pesos each plus drinks.  We had a huge crepe stuffed with goodies, hash browns that were large enough to cover a medium sized plate and we halved them, a large waffle that covered the plate served with soft butter, with choice of marmalade, syrup or honey on a hot plate and 2 scrambled eggs with loads of bacon.  Coffee which was very good and was not weak nor did it taste like dish water like some of the restaurants came with 2 free refills and the fresh squeezed orange juice was in a large (not skinny little) glass.  Anyone that is reading this and seeing the negative comments might want to try it and make up their own minds.  Omar was our waiter and he could not have been more personable and attentive.  He also works at Casa Linda when he finishes his shift at Mina La Antigua.  

Archived