Chapala.com Webboard

Lost Visitor Visa - what to do?

Call Spencer.  My advice would be not to wait for the airport.  I did the same thing years ago and wound up missing my flight.  If you don't want to contact Spencer then go to the airport today or tomorrow and fill out the paperwork.  There's no telling how long it will take.

My brother did this a couple years ago.  He went early for his flight, went to immigration, showed them his passport and when he arrived and they gave him a new one charging the same fee again.  Took 15 minutes.  If you are really wanting to be sure of sorting this out go before your departure day and get the new one.  They will take care of this at the airport.

A friend of ours did the same thing on a visit. Easily taken care of the airport and in her case on the day of her flight. She just went to the immigration window with her passport and was issued a new document. I think the fee was just a bit over $300 pesos but could have gone up. And of course be prepared to pay in cash in pesos.

As Maincoons says you could go to the airport before your departure date but it seem practical to arrive early before your flight and do it on the same day. Go to the immigration window before going to the airline counter for check in.

My friend left her visitor visa in the nightstand and didn't realize it til she got to the ticket desk. She checked her bag, and they gave her a ticket to take to the immigration window. They charged her $500 pesos and stamped the ticket or some form (I don't recall.) She went back to the ticket desk (they motioned her to the front of the line) she gave it to them, they issued her a boarding pass and she was on her way. 

At some airports, you must not only go to the Immigration window, but then also to an onsite bank to pay, then back to Immigration, then back to the ticket counter. Different airports/INM offices charge different rates, in my opinion depending on their mood...

500 pesos same as a FMM

19 hours ago, Sonia said:

500 pesos same as a FMM 

Also the same as a speeding ticket and turning without the flecha. But, at least they will let you pay on the spot and save you the trip to pay the ticket. Very friendly.

Archived