Chapala.com Webboard

Coyote Carving

32 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

I am looking for a copy of the coyote carving in the picture. Please advise where I can purchase one... TIA. 

IMG-20180511-WA0000.jpg

Show it to a carving artisan around here. Maybe even talk to the Have Hammers people in Riberas. I have seen them do simple relief carving there by advanced students and an instructor.

3 hours ago, ned small said:

Show it to a carving artisan around here. Maybe even talk to the Have Hammers people in Riberas. I have seen them do simple relief carving there by advanced students and an instructor.

Thanks for the suggestion it may be a good solution. 

Master alebrije artisan Zeny Fuentes is visiting us this coming week.  Of course he can do this but the cost might be high.  I can show him this picture and you can come and speak with him while he's here if you like.

There is also the alebrije guy who shows up from time to time and displays his work on the carretera just east of Plaza Bugambillias.   I should think you could also find a carver locally or in Tonala.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Master alebrije artisan Zeny Fuentes is visiting us this coming week.  Of course he can do this but the cost might be high.  I can show him this picture and you can come and speak with him while he's here if you like.

There is also the alebrije guy who shows up from time to time and displays his work on the carretera just east of Plaza Bugambillias.   I should think you could also find a carver locally or in Tonala.

Thank you for the suggestions. The budget is somewhat restrictive so I don't think a "custom" carving is in the works. In fact the original was purchased from the alebrije guy who shows up from time to time and displays his work on the carretera just east of Plaza Bugambillias.

44 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Thank you for the suggestions. The budget is somewhat restrictive so I don't think a "custom" carving is in the works. In fact the original was purchased from the alebrije guy who shows up from time to time and displays his work on the carretera just east of Plaza Bugambillias.

So what's the rush if that's the original carver ask him to do another the next time he's here and it will be exactly the same. Just need to have a look every Wednesday I would think.

If you are handy with tools you might ask at Have Hammers 766-4830 Eloy or Keith to see if you can use their tools and shop on an hourly basis or so ect. I believe they were or are considering something of this nature. That is  a beautiful piece of art in the picture, wouldn't it be marvelous if you were the one who hand carved it. WOW!!  

6 hours ago, ned small said:

So what's the rush if that's the original carver ask him to do another the next time he's here and it will be exactly the same. Just need to have a look every Wednesday I would think.

I'll check on Wednesday... Thank you 🙏 

Archived