Chapala.com Webboard

an exploratory visit and help making sense of it all

Hi everyone, I am a 75 year old guy who has had( lets change that to who is having)  a rather unconventional life and have recently decided to move to Ajijic from the Baltimore area. I am flying to Guadalajara on the 15th for a couple weeks to get the feel of the place before I sell my house. I would appreciate suggestions of a real estate agent who is honest, knowledgeable and who you personally like. and if anyone is  interested, I would love to meet folks who have lived in Ajijic or Chapala for a while and who can help me get my feet on the ground a bit. I would happily take you to lunch or dinner to ease the flow of conversation. I am a vegan, although there seem to be many good vegetarian restaurants to choose from and I may have a young companion with me. I look forward to being in touch with anyone  who would respond.   With much gratitude,   John  Millen

First suggestion. Rent first. You need to determine if you want to live in a Village, or a more remote neighborhood, or a gated community... Each has pluses and minuses and having lived in all three, making a wrong choice can make your life much less pleasant.

Second, stop by the Lake Chapala Society. A good place to meet people and learn about the area.

Sorry Earl. I had to delete your recommendation about real estate agents, even though I agree with your recommendation. This web board is sponsored by a Real Estate Company and one of our rules is that we never publicly post recommendations about Realtors on this Forum. You can, of course, send said information as a private message on this Board. Mod5

But I agree with those who say to rent first and get to know the area and where you  might want to live and not want to live.  That said, rentals are getting harder to find; however this is the low season, so there is more availability.  I am sending you a PM (private message).

Archived