Chapala.com Webboard

CFE stops solar credits

El Bizco

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, Mikechartier said:

I personally think the solar installer doesn't know how to solve the issue with CFE

Based on what you mention, it appears the CFE solar inter-conexion process has not been done or completed.

It consists of an application package that needs to include the CFE account, photo ID, system details / spec sheets / certifications, wiring diagram, the CFE application form itself signed by the CFE account holder.      This in turn drives the contract package that must be printed and signed in the local CFE office.     And THAT is the final step to re-register the account as solar, and the change to the solar bi-directional meter.      We do this as standard for all projects.

It is also important to mention that if the existing CFE meter is digital but not bi-directional, the solar production will most likely be counted as USE from CFE and will actually add to your bills.....because those meters can only count one way...UP....they don't work like a dial meter and "spin backwards".     

You can go to the CFE office yourself and get the application form, you may need an assist with the specs sheets and certifications and wiring diagram.     Good luck and feel free to PM.

Update: Since my last post I have signed the document at CFE that will start crediting the power generated by the panels. I have a bidirectional meter and it shows 13.6 MWH of power that the panels have generated. I was told by CFE to expect my next bill in March to show the credit. However, that is only part of the problem. I don't believe the solar installer knows what he is doing. We have a Growatt Hybrid Inverter, 2 2.5 KWH lithium phosphate batteries and 8 450 watt solar panels. However 2 solar panels were never connected to the solar array because the installer believed the Growatt SPH 4000TL BL-US could not handle the extra power. I did some research and found this inverter can handle up to 600 Volts DC input which should be adequate for my 8 solar panels.  I also believe the installer did not know how to manage the charging/recharging of the batteries. Over the last three days the 2 batteries have been discharging even though we have grid power. The batteries are now completely discharged , so if we lose grid power we have no backup. I need a solar expert that can come to my house and inspect the system and explain to me how it works. I have no documentation, instructions or anything that can help me. I am currently going after the installer thru PROFECO, but that takes time. Can you recommend anyone in Puerto Vallarta that can help me. I have a mechanical engineering degree and my maintenance person has an electrical/mechanical engineering degree. So if we can get someone to help us we can learn how to maintain the system moving forward. Everything is under warranty.  if we know how to troubleshoot issues we can maintain the system.

Thanks in advance for any help

1 - Your Growatt can definitely handle the 8 panels both in terms of volts and amps.

2 - if the batteries are discharging when you have grid power, likely the system is set to an offgrid mode as opposed to battery backup / grid priority mode.         A bit strange thought since you mention it appears to be exporting energy based on the CFE meter.

3 - https://www.ginverter.com/products#residential-storage-inverter      you can find your model and access / download documentation here

4 - based on what you've mentioned so far, the full installation should be checked out to be sure mounting, wiring, grounding, and AC / DC protections are correct and accurate.       

We install up and down the whole coast based out of Guad and lakeside, many long term and recent installs in the whole PV area, PM or email if you would like to set something up.      Quality doesn't cost, it pays / saves.      

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Update: Ron and his team have been a tremendous help! They initially tried to solve my issues remotely, but in the end had to come to my house. His team drove all the way from Guadalajara to my house in Boca de Tomatlan and back in the same day. The cost to me was well worth it  as they identified and solved the most urgent issues. Still some outstanding issues that should be able to be solve remotely. Great team that really knew what they were doing. I totally understand now why so many people have posted such great remarks about Go Solar. Finding this WebBoard has been nothing short of awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1