Chapala.com Webboard

Fiber Optics

As of today, ILOX reports that the up-front (one year) payment is less than 5,000 pesos, which provides telephone and internet at 25 Megs ... telephone can be same number that TelMex provides.  All this will cost 399 pesos per month.  Unlimited USA, Canada and Mexico ... plus reliability.  Options for speed can be changed in the future. 

What a shame to see the misinformation being spread on the webboard.

Those who want to live in the past are welcome to do so.  Let's all go back to horse and buggy days ... shoveling behind the horses, feeding and mucking the horses in the mornings ... not such a far-fetched comparison.   Currently, there are 150 plus subscribers with 200 needed. 

What misinformation? I see some doubts, yes. I also see that until your report just now, the terms were quite different, as provided by the guy who initiated the whole thing and is still its best volunteer and strongest supporter.

10 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

What misinformation? I see some doubts, yes. I also see that until your report just now, the terms were quite different, as provided by the guy who initiated the whole thing and is still its best volunteer and strongest supporter.

Indeed, they were very different and Ilox literature itself was quoted with the different terms. If "ickytoes" has different information, it would be helpful if he would provide a direct quote from Ilox regarding this.

" Those who want to live in the past are welcome to do so.  Let's all go back to horse and buggy days ... shoveling behind the horses, feeding and mucking the horses in the mornings ... not such a far-fetched comparison. "  (Ickytoes)

IMO, this is both snarky and inappropriate to the discussion. He isn't going to persuade anyone to his point of view by that route.  We may not have the latest and greatest connections, but we are connected. 

Again, I'm amazed at the attitudes of people who deliberately moved to a small town environment and expect to have the facilities of those who live in Guadalajara. 

This is the first such information of this kind I have received and I have been following this topic since the beginning.

"As of today, ILOX reports that the up-front (one year) payment is less than 5,000 pesos, which provides telephone and internet at 25 Megs ... telephone can be same number that TelMex provides.  All this will cost 399 pesos per month.  Unlimited USA, Canada and Mexico ... plus reliability.  Options for speed can be changed in the future."

If true (and it probably is, just need verification from Ilox), we webboard participants have been through a lot of garbage because of garbage information.

How much sooner could all of this have been accomplished if we could have signed up for the $4778 MX?

That being said, assuming the info is correct, let's stop this crap that none of us would say to our mothers and get this project completed.

Help me here, IckyToes is selling something, right? Some faster, better version of something we already have and use? So is that okay on this board? Can I sell some pretty damn terrific anti-aging cream I whopped up in my kitchen? Or other stuff? Only asking.

14 hours ago, kam said:

Help me here, IckyToes is selling something, right? Some faster, better version of something we already have and use? So is that okay on this board? Can I sell some pretty damn terrific anti-aging cream I whopped up in my kitchen? Or other stuff? Only asking.

To be strictly technical, Ickytoes is trying to persuade people to buy some other party's product, not something of his/her own.  Now, where can I get that super anti-aging cream, eh?"B)

I have learned through autumndreams that Mr. Kessler has personally confirmed that the so-called "offer" from the beginning of this thread has nothing to do with Ilox's current implementation lakeside. It is not part of this contract, is in a different area althogether, and the original poster would have been wise to cross-check his information before going all troll about it.

I am disappointed that others took up his unconfirmed tirade and accepted it as gospel, without checking for themselves.

Per Jessica Avila at Ilox, there does exist a such a filed tariff but it is not active and not being offered at Lakeside at this time.   We have to get the initial prepaids done and the network buildout started.  Once we get over that hurdle and a good mass of signups, who knows, maybe other business cases can be made.   The current Double 50 package  @ $7188 MXN/Yr is  very competitive.    Thats only about $33 USD per month .  

According to an attendee at the luncheon where an Ilox speaker gave information and handouts, they still are short of signups, and the plan Ickytoes referred to does not apply to the Lakeside area.  Fake News, folks.

According to the handouts, the skinny is this:

Triple Plan 50 - (75 Mbps first year) Total $9708 MXN.
Triple Plan 250 - (300 Mbps first year) Total $14,748 MXN
Double Full Voz y Datos 50 (75 Mbps first year) $7188 MXN,.

I move recently and Telmex can't connect  my number and wifi because they say there is no line available in the box.So, instead of paying every month and having no service I will cancel my line tomorrow and return the modem to Telmex.

If someone need a phone number mine will be available.

52 minutes ago, bedbug said:

When was this meeting with Ilox reps? I am a fracc administrator and would have liked to ask some questions, especially to help those who have not made a decision yet.

I think the person who attended said it was on the 11th. I suggest getting in touch with the poster who is a major enthusiast...Kessler?

Archived