Chapala.com Webboard

One of my dogs (rescued one) has a fat tumor that needs to be removed ASAP.  Dr. Magaña says the cost will be around (more or less) 1,500 mx pesos.  I need somebody to lend me that amount of money. I will pay the money back in June. I am insuline resistant so this month I spent all the money in my own treatment, so now I do not have any peso; but I will be able to pay back the money in June 2018. Can somebody help my dog? Thanks a lot in behalf of my dog! God bless you. I am in desperation! :(

DOGFATTUMOR.JPG

On 16/4/2018 at 7:15 PM, Yo1 said:

A fat tumor usually is benign and needs no surgery.  I have two dogs with lipomas (fatty tumor).  Unless it interferes with function or in the breast tissue.  Is it painful to the dog?

no, is the first dog I have, and I was wondering why the dog looks normal... eats good and drinks ok.  

On 17/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, Mrs. Rupert said:

Gee, I am very surprised a fat tumor is an emergency.  I would definitely get a second opinion.  They are usually harmless.

those fat tumors desappear by themselves absorbed by the body? or they "explode" or what happens?     Is my first dog and I really do not know much about dogs. :) 

Fatty tumors sometimes grow, sometimes do nothing. I have one on my shoulder that I've had for 20+ years. I had forgotten about it until this discussion came up.

If you are on a budget, get a 2nd opinion from Dr Eric (on the street behind the Chapla Indoor Market and Plaza) or Dr Daniel next to Soriana. Both are excellent Vets whose opinions I would trust.

Perhaps this dog does need surgery. Perhaps this individual really has no money HOWEVER there are some inconsistencies in their story - " One of my dogs (rescued one)" then changes to "Is my first dog and I really do not know much about dogs".  Too many times I have heard stories of people complaining or warning others about being bilked out of funds because they were doing, in their minds, the right thing.  Never give the person money, if you must, give it to the vet AFTER the surgery takes place to cover the bill.
Fatty tumors do not just appear overnight, it could have started months ago and I would question - Why is it a crisis now? 
I have had dogs for most of my life and they get ailments like we do and if you pay attention you realize what causes the dog distress. I suspect that it bothers the person more than the dog.

Update. Thanks to everyone for your interest. Monday I will ask for the cost of a 2nd opinion with Ladron. I will let you all know. Thanks in behalf of my dog. The dog, still does not show pain, and he eats and drinks normally, jumps and has  brilliant eyes. God bless you all.  

Archived