Chapala.com Webboard

San Antonio traffic

ea93105

1 hour ago, ned small said:

They even listen to non-hysterical and, those that don't tell them what to do, foreigners about mostly IMPORTANT issues. The 2 PRI governments run by brothers here have done quite a lot for their poorer constituents. The first brother had a hard row to hoe getting funds for major things from opposition fed and state governments And how many times do the members on here have to be told that traffic lights are under state control? By the way,the area in front of Superlake ,although used for parking, is not a parking lot. it's a lateral one way heading east and does not belong to the store. As bad as it is now,which is nothing more than a minor annoyance remember what it was like before the planter barrier and all the yahoos just coming out from there along the full length of that lateral.  now if they behave themselves and drive east[some don't behave and go the wrong way] the only way to get out reasonably is with that light  that you are all complaining about.

Thank you for the information.   Sorry about the replies.  :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiny I understand you also don't live here and I suspect if you did you would wonder why a muncipio with such a rich tax base has managed to make such a mess of things.  The items I cited and more have all been reported in the local news.  I don't have to make any of it up.  Ned's information simply doesn't tell anything near the real story.  A few scraps thrown to a few neighborhoods doesn't change the neglect of basic services and much of the land area of this municipio.

Things have gone down to the point the Pueblo Magico committee specifically noted the trashiness, inappropriate development approved by this government and the sad state of repair of streets, sidewalks and the Ajijic Malecon.

Imagine having to deal with the trash mess for over two long years and I believe we'd still have it if it wasn't for the election.  We should be grateful for that?

From what I can tell the Mexican community has had enough and we have a real shot at reform this election.  For certain with the current government all we have to look forward to is more of the same potholes, trashiness, failure to address serious local problems like the San Antonio traffic jams, and so on. 

Speaking of things in poor repair,  the Ajijic Malecon benches are in such sorry shape, with missing boards as well as warp-age, that one wonders why they installed them in the first place rather than sturdier metal benches.  It's hard to find a more or less intact place to sit.

10 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Tiny I understand you also don't live here and I suspect if you did you would wonder why a muncipio with such a rich tax base has managed to make such a mess of things.  The items I cited and more have all been reported in the local news.  I don't have to make any of it up.  Ned's information simply doesn't tell anything near the real story.  A few scraps thrown to a few neighborhoods doesn't change the neglect of basic services and much of the land area of this municipio.

Things have gone down to the point the Pueblo Magico committee specifically noted the trashiness, inappropriate development approved by this government and the sad state of repair of streets, sidewalks and the Ajijic Malecon.

Imagine having to deal with the trash mess for over two long years and I believe we'd still have it if it wasn't for the election.  We should be grateful for that?

From what I can tell the Mexican community has had enough and we have a real shot at reform this election.  For certain with the current government all we have to look forward to is more of the same potholes, trashiness, failure to address serious local problems like the San Antonio traffic jams, and so on. 

My wife and I looked at Lakeside 20 years ago.  We had a knowledge of how things worked in GDL. I just had a bad feeling that something like this (population, services, etc) would happen. It is like running a large demanding city on a small scale.  Don't get me wrong, I hope you enjoy every minute there.

If there is an engineer reading this board, I would appreciate your input.  I heard, I repeat heard that the many many  traffic lights which cycle on and off all day along carretera  need the correct voltage.  Many appliance manufacturers know that voltage is different in other countries. So they developed circuitry to hand a wide variation.  The LCD lights in these traffic lights cannot handle these LCD's.  So either the lights need to change or the circuitry.  I think this is a very dangerous situation, especially for visitors.  So here we are at Pranza, all cars stopped because they cannot see that one little light ( if working) on the corner.  Please  don't use the hackneyed phase " this is Mexico". We expats exacerbate the problem, maybe someone could come up with a solution.

On March 25, 2018 at 8:29 AM, ea93105 said:

It's getting to be as bad or worse than Ajjijic.

The reason for it :

Two traffic lights which  1) Are not synchronized and 2) Are programmed to change every minute regardless of cross traffic load.

I'm seeing cars backed up to Mirasol at times

If the traffic lights were synchronized and set for a reasonable 3 minute interval or so like Ajijic, this problem wouldn't exist.

Anyone know who we can talk to about getting the lights properly set ?

Another newbie who wants to change life here in Mexico. ....if the lights worked it would like living .. NOB.... I would like to say it ... But I won't....

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, TelsZ4 said:

Another newbie who wants to change life here in Mexico. ....if the lights worked it would like living .. NOB.... I would like to say it ... But I won't....

Not a Newbie....been here off and on since 76

Anyway...Project San Antonio traffic lights completed ! ( not perfect, but much improved )

back to your regularly scheduled programming....

I would think that if the lights in Guadalajara can be synchronized the ones Lakeside could be also.  Many of the long stretches in Guadalajara have lights synchronized and it is a pleasure to just zip on down the street.

Archived