Chapala.com Webboard

San Antonio traffic

ea93105

It's getting to be as bad or worse than Ajjijic.

The reason for it :

Two traffic lights which  1) Are not synchronized and 2) Are programmed to change every minute regardless of cross traffic load.

I'm seeing cars backed up to Mirasol at times

If the traffic lights were synchronized and set for a reasonable 3 minute interval or so like Ajijic, this problem wouldn't exist.

Anyone know who we can talk to about getting the lights properly set ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

It's getting to be as bad or worse than Ajjijic.

The reason for it :

Two traffic lights which  1) Are not synchronized and 2) Are programmed to change every minute regardless of cross traffic load.

I'm seeing cars backed up to Mirasol at times

If the traffic lights were synchronized and set for a reasonable 3 minute interval or so like Ajijic, this problem wouldn't exist.

Anyone know who we can talk to about getting the lights properly set ?

nuestra_seora_de_guadalupe.jpg

Laugh all you want, some people's livelihood depend on being able to get to places in a reasonable amount of time, and" stupid" traffic signal programming is not a Mexican asset.

To the above completely unhelpful replies...Do you  enjoy unnecessary traffic jams , or do you just sit at home behind your computers and enjoy being annoying  ? My guess is the latter.

6 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

To the above completely unhelpful replies...Do you  enjoy unnecessary traffic jams , or do you just sit at home behind your computers and enjoy being annoying  ? My guess is the latter.

Okay...I'll just come right out and say it:  Are you SURE you want to live in Mexico? :rolleyes:

Another stupid response

Next time a moto takes out a pedestrian on the bike path because traffic is at a complete stand still you can all sit back and laugh and say "this is Mexico"..live with it

Mexico is a developing country, why not  help rather than spout stupidities ?

Both Ajjijic and Chapala  have taken measures to improve traffic flow, why not San Antonio ?

Not everyone living here is a retired expat who's entire day is just going to Superlake and back

13 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Both Ajjijic and Chapala  have taken measures to improve traffic flow, why not San Antonio ?

Not everyone living here is a retired expat who's entire day is just going to Superlake and back

Why would you possibly think "San Antonio" has anything to do with or control over traffic lights that just "happen to be" in San Antonio? Remember, you are now SOB and things don't work the same way as NOB.

Become a Mexican citizen and vote for some new leadership in Jalisco.

19 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Are you SURE you want to insult the other people living here?  Have a teeny sense of superiority or entitlement?

Many people living here have very active lives, some of whom are contributing more to society than you may be.  I don't know anyone who spends the day as you suggest. If you want to change the way things are re the traffic problem, an internet forum like this is not the place to begin. 

As Pappysmarket suggested, become a Mexican citizen and vote for the kind of leadership you want.

1 minute ago, ea93105 said:

I don't know who has control over the lights, that's why I asked. Voting in order to change two lights , that's a laugh

Just remember, the road or airplane path runs to the north as well as to the south. We are guests here in Mexico, we let the citizens fight the battles with the gumint. As it says on some T-shirts I saw the other day "Relax, You're on the Good Side of the Wall".

1 minute ago, barcelonaman said:

Think the carratera is federal.so assume the lights are.

But maybe try the transito office in chapala for info.

That's helpful , thanks

Just a thought, but....   “controlling” lights.... as having them sych with each other or determine that side traffic does not need a green light unless a car appears..... suggests that there is some sort of computer systems connecting them together and that there are some sort of sensing devices IN the streets.  Might be too much to expect for two lights in San Antonio Mexico.   YMMV

20 minutes ago, gringal said:

Are you SURE you want to insult the other people living here?  Have a teeny sense of superiority or entitlement?

Many people living here have very active lives, some of whom are contributing more to society than you may be.  I don't know anyone who spends the day as you suggest. If you want to change the way things are re the traffic problem, an internet forum like this is not the place to begin. 

As Pappysmarket suggested, become a Mexican citizen and vote for the kind of leadership you want.

You should look in the mirror, 'Sense of superiority"

Those people with active lives would benefit from better traffic flow

I am not a guest, I am a legal resident who supports the local economy and just wants to improve things . I know there are many things in Mexico which I cannot change such as the law that requires no vehicle be moved after an accident ( causing massive traffic jams for hours on end )

But  local  traffic lights ? Seems reasonable that those are controlled locally and maybe someone on this forum might have some insight on who to talk to. Don't think someone in GDL is controlling the lights in San Antonio.

The "voting" argument is silly in this case

1 minute ago, RickS said:

Just a thought, but....   “controlling” lights.... as having them sych with each other or determine that side traffic does not need a green light unless a car appears..... suggests that there is some sort of computer systems connecting them together and that there are some sort of sensing devices IN the streets.  Might be too much to expect for two lights in San Antonio Mexico.   YMMV

Yes, having smart lights which sense actual traffic is probably asking too much, but just setting the interval from one minute to three is easy. Not hard to sync the lights either

7 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Yes, having smart lights which sense actual traffic is probably asking too much, but just setting the interval from one minute to three is easy. Not hard to sync the lights either

There are a lot of things that seem simple and a matter of “just” a quick action or two, easy, not hard at all. That belief comes from a lack  of experience, knowledge,  and understanding. Some of the people you are sneering at have attempted (in some cases for years) to correct what they perceived as wrongs. They learned valuable lessons along the way. They may even on rare occasion have accomplished something. It may not have been what they started out to do, but at least they succeeded in some fashion. Most times what they learned is they did not want to expend that much time, energy, and frustration with very little (if any) return on their investment. 

Archived