Chapala.com Webboard

JOINT MEXICAN BANK ACCOUNT PROBLEM

23 hours ago, bmh said:

Monessen i have a bank account at bancomer with my husband. I am the titular and he is the seco d signatura. Technically it is my account but he uses it like we did in the us  oyt of the llknt account so why can t you do that? 

My Bancomer account was exactly like that: I was the titular, my wife was the second on the account.  Now that I think of it, she still may be--I need to check with the bank.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, More Liana said:

My Bancomer account was exactly like that: I was the titular, my wife was the second on the account.  Now that I think of it, she still may be--I need to check with the bank.  

Our account with Multiva was like that too: I am the titular and my husband the cosigner. There has never been a problem when he does the wire transfers or withddaws.

"As far as I know, there can only be one titular (owner of the account) but you can have other names listed on the account as users.  At one time I was the titular on a Bancomer account and my wife was a second user."

More Liana was right on banks here only put one account holder as titular and the other spouse cosigner.

Multiva told me today "both has the same benefits." 

20 hours ago, bmh said:

except that the second signature cannot cannot close the account or make any change to it

You're correct.

Titular alone can't close the account either. Multiva requires signatures from BOTH the account owner and the cosigner to make a change or to close the account.