Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado?

Herman

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

I have yet to come across a Mercado lakeside. I enjoy eating there. Are there any?

Herman, Chapala has a nice mercado on its town plaza.  Many places inside and on periphery to eat in.

Actually, upstairs at the Chapala mercado is a little dumpy sit-down with the second-best birria I've had anywhere. And I just had some a week ago on the plaza in Joco at the place most-recommended by "insiders".

Downstairs, in the mercado publico in Chapala, I often had lunch at Cocina Economica, which may still be there in the northeast corner.  It was always good, and I especially remember their chiles rellenos and jugo de zanahorria. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean José‘s Mexican-American Restaurant, on the southern, outside wall of the Chapala mercado publico, yes, it is some of the best food you can find on the north shore of Lake Chapala.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Actually, upstairs at the Chapala mercado is a little dumpy sit-down with the second-best birria I've had anywhere. And I just had some a week ago on the plaza in Joco at the place most-recommended by "insiders".

Goat birria in the Chapala mercado?

10 hours ago, Susanne said:

The Wednesday Tiangis market near el Torito has lots of stands sit down and other,also great pizza stands,

churros and home made tamales go with a good appetite on that day.

The Monday tianguis in Chapala has more and better sit downs,stands and better prices too.

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Not if you are in Ajijic. Apple vs. PC. Beta vs. VHS. Chapala vs. Ajijic.

Wrong order. Apple vs. PC, Beta vs. VHS. Ajijic vs. Chapala. The logic is based on more moaners and groaners from Ajijic than Chapala on almost everything so it must, by inference, take a back seat to Chapala.

It really is sad that every positive post about Chapala contains a slam on Ajijic. A true sign of a struggling under dog. Maybe, someday Chapala can be celebrated for its  real and many assets without needing to insult those who live elsewhere. Chapala deserves better.

9 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

It really is sad that every positive post about Chapala contains a slam on Ajijic. A true sign of a struggling under dog. Maybe, someday Chapala can be celebrated for its  real and many assets without needing to insult those who live elsewhere. Chapala deserves better.

In this instance, it is quite clear to anyone that has experienced both, that the Chapala tianguis is superior in all respects to the one in Ajijic. That is a fact not an unsubstantiated slam as you put it. Would it make you feel better, if I suggested  the Chapala tianguis is also superior to Jocotepec's,Mezcala's, San Luis Soyatlan's and Tizapan's. Want more senor al berca?

You are belabouring an egomaniacal point, Nedro. Why does your geographical location make you a better person, endowed with the wisdom to castigate everyone else who isn't in your realm? You didn't just say there were better food stands at the market; you then proceeded to ensure we all know that the reason it is better is because it is in Chapala.

1. The logic is based on more moaners and groaners from Ajijic than Chapala on almost everything so it must, by inference, take a back seat to Chapala.

2. In this instance, it is quite clear to anyone that has experienced both, that the Chapala tianguis is superior in all respects to the one in Ajijic.

Since I am not the only one in this thread commenting on your self-perceived superiority as a Chapala boy, I have to assume you understand this, and are simply trying to defend an indefensible point.

3 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Hahaha, under dog does better describe the syndrome than underdog.

Archived