Chapala.com Webboard

Cardiology Center Dr Jose Pascual Salas experiences?

EKG is just a tool in the doctor tool box , and can only measure that period time  the process is taking place

I am not sure what would happen to a patient undergoing this test at IMSS or SP...anyone like to coment?...anyone rushed into the operating room

Lets assume we do not select a Cardiologist without some recomendation..sooo when he indicates a problem , confirming a pain etc I guees we are worried enough to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Is it that we have more trust in NOB doctors.??? or that NOB we are mostly covered by insurance of some kind or other

So, back to the original question:  How can you determine who to believe? And, if this man had symptoms still,  how could his EKG be "normal"?

I will say the same problem applied back in the States.  A group practice has to raise a lot of money, partly because malpractice insurance is so expensive in that litigious country.  As  a sample of the way things went: a friend had foot pain and a surgeon was working hard to persuade her into a complex operation.  She got a second opinion from a former Canadian sports medicine doc who told her she was wearing the wrong shoes.  Different shoes and some passage of time, and no more foot pain. Some of it had to do with whether the patient had insurance which would cover the procedure.  Maybe it depends on how well the patient's b.s. meter is working.

Personally, I found that the NOB doctors were no more worthy of trust than ours are here.  It's a matter of personal integrity.  In the States, doctors enjoy a much better rate of compensation that they do here, even considering the cost of living and of being in practice differences.

“And, if this man had symptoms still,  how could his EKG be "normal"?“

Because his problem was not heart related. 

Maybe it depends on how well the patient's b.s. meter is working.“

Yes. That is why not every patient is a target. Sadly, it is the most vulnerable who get taken. But, these doctors are sociopaths and it sometimes takes a finely calibrated BS meter to detect one. When people are ill, depressed, afraid their meters may not be working well or at all. 

Of course, dishonest doctors are found in every country. We just happened to be talking about here because here is where we live. 

I will tell anyone that will listen that they should avoid Dr. Salas and hospital Angeles del carmen at all cost .If you have used either one of them and are satisfied , count yourself lucky.My personal , painful experience is they may be a good hospital and a good Dr. but I saw the worse from both as did several of my friends , two of which are now deceased .They are an expat nightmare .PM me if you want the details but be ready for an account of what happened to me that will seem hard to believe. Do not question the accuracy of my story if you chose not to believe me because it is all in legal documents and proceedings .Good luck in your search and do not let my experience turn you against the mexican health system.

4 hours ago, gringal said:

So, back to the original question:  How can you determine who to believe? And, if this man had symptoms still,  how could his EKG be "normal"?

I will say the same problem applied back in the States.  A group practice has to raise a lot of money, partly because malpractice insurance is so expensive in that litigious country.  As  a sample of the way things went: a friend had foot pain and a surgeon was working hard to persuade her into a complex operation.  She got a second opinion from a former Canadian sports medicine doc who told her she was wearing the wrong shoes.  Different shoes and some passage of time, and no more foot pain. Some of it had to do with whether the patient had insurance which would cover the procedure.  Maybe it depends on how well the patient's b.s. meter is working.

Personally, I found that the NOB doctors were no more worthy of trust than ours are here.  It's a matter of personal integrity.  In the States, doctors enjoy a much better rate of compensation that they do here, even considering the cost of living and of being in practice differences.

Without knowing what these symptoms are, is it possible that they are not related to his heart. Ergo normal EKG. Another possibility is that the cause of the symptom isn't reflected in a simple EKG. My EkG is almost always normal but I have an abnormal heart beat that absolutely requires medication.

My EkG is almost always normal but I have an abnormal heart beat that absolutely requires medication.“

It requires medication but not a 4,000 dollar procedure that has to be done right now. You could die if you leave the hospital. 

Archived