Chapala.com Webboard

The FAA May Put An End to Shrinking Airline Seats and Cramped Leg Room

Alpha1

No joke, I ended up at the doctor and a couple of mnths of blood thinners after  an 11 h flight on Air France... I do not care much about the one or two hor flights but the leg room is downright dangerous on long flights and  it creates a lot of problem. You get stuck in the same position hours on end and it is really bad. Hopefully something is going to be done.

It would be good news if action was taken on this matter but IMO the sardine can seating has already gone too far and most definitely is hazardous to one's health on longer flights.  Some roll back is needed.

Personally speaking I've decided there's no place far away I want to see bad enough to put up with today's airline torture.  

1 hour ago, michael2595 said:

I would have thought the way things are going they would have yanked out the seats and put in strap hangers on short domestic flights. I wouldn't put it past frontier airlines where they charge you for bringing on a coffee or breathing too much.

Things seem to be headed that way.

4 hours ago, michael2595 said:

I would have thought the way things are going they would have yanked out the seats and put in strap hangers on short domestic flights. I wouldn't put it past frontier airlines where they charge you for bringing on a coffee or breathing too much.

I heard that they are thinking of removing the seats for body harnesses ... ?

I think they had to move the seats closer together to make room for all the animals people insist on being able to fly with. I would expect the same thing to be happening soon in the restaurants.

Archived