Chapala.com Webboard

new ride service

A nice young couple was on the Ajijic plaza yesterday afternoon handing out cards for their new transportation service. They are bilingual and named Stella and Rene Roque. They will drive to Guadalajara and surrounding area for the price that Uber charges minus 10%. They will be moving to Lakeside, cel: 044-331-112-5745       we wish them luck.

They will quickly find out the price of gasoline here plus the interminable delays in and around GDL and the car wrecking bad roads of Jalisco will make doing this cheaply not very profitable.  Uber drivers figure out pretty quickly they can't make money at the rates charged once they factor in their real costs of operation.

And then there's the part about dealing with Hacienda...

• 1 month later...

I recently rode with Rene to the airport. He mentioned to me that he has had to slightly increase his prices due to various factors. My flight was in the middle of the day and he charged me 380 pesos. He mentioned that night time/early morning rates are different. He was very nice and helped me with my luggage, a true gentleman. 

I wish them well. Options are always good. I'm sure they will figure out where their pricing needs to be in order to be competitive but also to be profitable. All businesses have to figure out this balance. When businesses try to compete solely on price it is very hard to sustain - but I am certain they know that without us telling them. I admire anyone who takes on this type of a challenge and hope that they are successful. 

Stella and Rene - welcome to the community and best of luck.

• 10 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 8:28 AM, cafemediterraneo said:

A nice young couple was on the Ajijic plaza yesterday afternoon handing out cards for their new transportation service. They are bilingual and named Stella and Rene Roque. They will drive to Guadalajara and surrounding area for the price that Uber charges minus 10%. They will be moving to Lakeside, cel: 044-331-112-5745       we wish them luck.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Please could you provide an email address for Rene?

And what type of vehicle is used?

Is it air conditioned?

Recent(less than 6 years of age) vehicle?

Thanks..

Archived