Chapala.com Webboard

The Cocktail Bar - Open House

I am posting this on behalf of our friend Rigo who has open a great new place in the former location of Tom's Bar and Justin Chillin'.

Open House

The Cocktail Bar

Constitución 32 - Ajijic

(The former location of Tom's Bar & Just Chillin')

Friday - February 23

7:00 to 9:00

Please join us for free cocktails and snacks

============================================

Barra Libre

The Cocktail Bar

Constitución 32 - Ajijic

(La antigua ubicación de Tom's Bar y Just Chillin ')

Viernes - 23 de Febrero

19:00 a 21:00

Cócteles y botanas gratis

I posted this on behalf of our friend who just opened this place. For the open house he will have "snacks" but not sure exactly what will be included. During his regular schedule he has a few things available to eat and plans to add others little by little. It is definitely more of a cocktail bar than a restaurant - at least for now. Stop by on Friday and check it out.

What happened to the restaurant that followed Chillin and got thoroughly panned by reviewers here?  Same people or different ones?

Tom's in its heyday was a good watering hole.  Very reasonable and very cold drafts, decent limited bar food and snacks, sports on the TVs.  When the no smoking laws came in Tom thought he could just ignore them and found out otherwise.  I like to think that the original Tom's minus the cigarette smoke would do well here.  Good luck with this, would love to have a good watering hole back in that location!

Thanks. I have them let them know about this board and expect that they will post here themselves going forward. For now they have a Facebook page - and since I don't do Facebook I can't point you to the correct place. Nice folks and I hope people give the a try as they get things up and running.

I love a good cocktail bar and look forward to walking over for a great martini or old-fashioned and some wonderful conversations.  A great idea to meet friends before going out for dinner or for an evening activity.  Although 7 opening is a little late to incorporate a stop there into the evening plans.  No music, drinks are about conviviality and conversation otherwise your lace is just a limited hour bar.

Ok I did misunderstand that the announcement was for today only 7 to 9.  Super we have been thinking about a way to do cocktails and then go out to eat with friends and not have the cocktails at home.  There is a new cocktail place near Wings Army but the 3 times we have gone by at 6pm before going to dinner they have been closed for one reason or another which is a shame.  We will be by for drinks when we get home from the beach.  We are in Manazanillo this year and are very surprised at how wonderful the restaurants are.  There are oddles of roof top and beach side cocktail bars.  All have soft instrument music over speakers for both the bars and the restaurants.  No "bands" trying to make a few bucks to live in Mexico.  So far the bands are out for music and dancing on Friday and Saturdays, but more elegant places to dine actually have no music or easy listening instrumental.  

I agree that this place will be great for a before or after dinner drink.For now they are planning to be open from Noon to Midnight 7 days a week! WOW! Not sure if they will be able to sustain that but it seems like they are working VERY hard to figure out what times and days make sense. Really great folks and they are really "stepping out" to make the place a success.

So tonight is the Open House from 7-9. They are open all day before and after this "come check us out" offering on their dime but - tonight only.

Last night they had 2 x 1 freshly made margaritas - 2 for $70 pesos. 

On Saturday evenings they are featuring fresh fruit martinis. Last Saturday they had passion fruit, apple and mandarina. Delicious! Their plan is to buy the best fruit they can find based on the season, ripeness and quality.

So they are trying a few specials but their regular drink menu is extensive with first class ingredients. Stop by when you can and give them a shot.

Archived