Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a tour guide in Guadalajara

Happy2trvl

Hola,

We are bringing friends into Guadalajara for an overnight.  They have never been to Mexico and we want them to experience some historical sights in Guadalajara.  Can anyone recommend a English speaking guide that they were happy with?  We wish to do some walking and some driving, maybe to Tlaquepaque if time will allow.

Gracias for your help

Beatriz de la Garza, bilingual tour guide extraordinaire.  She knows everything there is to know about Guadalajara and is a super-interesting person.
01-33-‭3615 2030 and beatrizdlg@yahoo.com ‬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Intercasa said:

Double decker bus tours go all over daily. 

When we took the double decker a couple of years ago, you had your choice of earphones in English or Spanish.  If you sit up top - open air  - wear a hat !

Luis Arturo Gutiérrez
Aventurate por Jalisco
Operadora Mayorista especializada en Jalisco
www.aventurateporjalisco.com

Ph.(33) 11.89.23.93, Tel. Directo (33) 1919-9248
México toll-free: 01800 999 8687 whatsapp: 33.22.53.78.

Is another choice.  We have booked a tour of Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque for one day and a tour to Tequila for another day for us and our friends.  This is a private tour in a mini tour van for 5 people, however, they can accommodate whatever number.  Very professional and come highly recommended.

I went to renew my IMSS with Beatriz de la Garza on Tues. so I know she is still around and working--she mentioned something about having been too busy to respond to an inquiry she had received, until it was too late to be of help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

If you or anyone ever needs a tour in the future feel free to contact me and I'd be glad to

help show you and your guests around. I'm a certified tour guide with nearly 9 years of experience. 

chinastar05@hotmail.com 

( Tours available in English, Spanish, American Sign Language & Japanese) 

I should have followed up after our tours mentioned above with Adventurate por Jalisco.  Both tours were top notch.  The guides and drivers were great ... Can't say enough good things about them.  We had been on a couple of Tequila tours already with friends and family but this one was the best.  We saw completely different things and the underground restaurant at one of the Haciendas was very interesting, comfortable and the food was delicious.  We will definitely be using this tour company again.  Oh, the large can was clean, comfortable and air-conditioned.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, Wookie said:

I should have followed up after our tours mentioned above with Adventurate por Jalisco.  Both tours were top notch.  The guides and drivers were great ... Can't say enough good things about them.  We had been on a couple of Tequila tours already with friends and family but this one was the best.  We saw completely different things and the underground restaurant at one of the Haciendas was very interesting, comfortable and the food was delicious.  We will definitely be using this tour company again.  Oh, the large can was clean, comfortable and air-conditioned.

Wookie, I just sent you a PM about this, but it's not clear that it went through.  I'm looking for more information on the hacienda wit the underground restaurant.  Thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2018 at 1:48 AM, Kandi M. said:

If you or anyone ever needs a tour in the future feel free to contact me and I'd be glad to

help show you and your guests around. I'm a certified tour guide with nearly 9 years of experience. 

chinastar05@hotmail.com 

( Tours available in English, Spanish, American Sign Language & Japanese) 

We are a group of 8 (mostly seniors) and would like a full day tour of Guadalajara & Tlaquepaque on Friday February 14.  We'd prefer an air-conditioned mini van for the day.  Please let us know the full cost.  We're staying at a home in Mexicaltzingo, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico0.5 mi to Guadalajara center.