Chapala.com Webboard

Alex Peterson January Delivery

Sea

Alex Peterson emailed me and asked me get a message out to his customers waiting for his January delivery.

He's at the border with our goods, but has run into a delay with Customs. It's a major delay, involving his new van. Right now, he's confident he can work through it, but doesn't know exactly when he'll be back Lakeside or able to contact his clients individually. He is really concerned that we know he's doing his best.

I'll try to keep people as up to date as I can with new information. PM me if you have questions.

For Alex, thanks for your patience and forbearance.

Update from Alex. Do not order any more items for his Laredo shipping address. If you know anyone who ships via Alex and doesn't read the forum, you might want to pass the following along to them.

"If you could post again emphasizing that no one should order a single thing more, that would be great. If they do order more things, they'll just get stuck in Laredo and I can't be responsible for the delivery of those items."

Will keep you posted as I hear anything.

Alex's last email said he plans to close his delivery business. He emphasized to please stop ordering. He's seeing more deliveries arriving daily that people haven't discussed with him.

"Please post immediately. People have been ordering like there's no tomorrow (almost in an insatiable way) and I need to get the word out right away for everyone to stop. If not, the boxes will accumulate in the warehouse at an extremely rapid pace."

Please pass the word around to stop ordering through Alex Peterson's delivery service.

I'll forward whatever I hear, folks.

Alex just told me this about the January delivery:  UPDATE SAT. 12:09PM: Alex bought a huge van to bring down a huge order from his customers. It had previously been imported to MX by someone who didn't want to believe that you can't do it legally by having someone get you plates from CDMX. That route is simply not legal and so now when Alex tried to cross back into MX his plates were run by aduana and they were confiscated for being illegal. He was sent back to the United States. This huge order for his customers is his priority. He has left everything in a place he feels is safe and is coming back today on the bus to get his old van, plus he needs someone else with a second van to go back with him and help bring everything back. If you know of anyone with a van who might be interested have them contact Alex. He would like his customers to know that he is doing his very best to get their products back to Lakeside ASAP. Please bear with him and he apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the late delivery.

Sounds like our Alex got into this bind partially because people ordering are supposed to send him copies of invoices before he agrees to clear the border. Instead he got an avalanche of "stuff", not knowing what is was, or what it was worth. Alex is a nice guy, maybe people take advantage of that.

14 hours ago, Amigo Alex said:

That is a full size van, and a mailing address where I receive packages.

As ComputerGuy said we need a lot more information. If you're setting up a new delivery business to this area, we need information about your location, experience, prices. How often you expect to make deliveries. What method you use for clearing customs. We certainly need reliable delivery and import services here.

Speaking for myself, I need to have some trust in the reliability of a business and know what the prices will be, before I send my packages to it.

For sure. The other services I have used have spent a good deal of time setting up, and ensuring everything is above-board and reliable. Some folks spend a fair amount of money ordering items for shipment to Texas, and need to know their goods are not just going to languish forever somewhere to which they have no access.

My understanding. No, everything that you scheduled with Alex for January is in route now. Or close. He and a friend are/were back here, got new vans and are headed back to the border. Your stuff is safe in a guarded parking lot in the van he can't bring back. They'll off load all our stuff into the two vans and bring it back. So no writing off.

I don't have time frames and I don't know when Alex left to go back to Laredo. I do know he drives straight through, one day trip, will get some sleep (please, God) and then turn around and return in a day. So I'm expecting this to get wrapped up relatively soon.

1 hour ago, gimpychimp said:

Alex and his friend were leaving early yesterday morning. By the time he gets back and sorts through what everyone owes him it should be delivered next week some time.

Thanks. Was that leaving from here to Laredo yesterday?

Archived