Chapala.com Webboard

Photo radar tickets

cedros

According to the website I got a ticket October 29 last year for speeding in a school/hospital zone. It was on a Sunday and did not make sense as I don't go to Guadalajara on Sundays. I never received a ticket in the mail. I understand now why I never received the ticket. The postman delivered Xmas cards to my house yesterday. I told him I was waiting for a photo radar ticket to come via the mail. He said they stopped delivering those about 6 months ago. So hopefully when I renew my car decal they can show me a copy of the ticket.

We got a ticket on the periferico camera in Feb. of 2016.  Didn't know it until 11 months later in Jan. 2017 when we went to renew our car tag sticker and she said Infración para camera.  Since we didn't know and paid it late, the total came to 500 pesos with the fine and the late fee.  We never got notified either.

• 11 months later...

Also posted on the other thread.

I checked this site and found something there from March of 2017 photo radar.  Yet they renewed my plates last year in January 2018 no problem.  They said something about it wasn't legal. 

I remember they removed the fine at the plates desk but it is still showing on the web site with more charges because it is unpaid.  Of course I never got anything in the mail either.

Now what?  Are they going to bring it up again?  If I have to pay this can I pay it when I get the plates?

Thanks!

On 1/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, cedros said:

According to the website I got a ticket October 29 last year for speeding in a school/hospital zone. It was on a Sunday and did not make sense as I don't go to Guadalajara on Sundays. I never received a ticket in the mail. I understand now why I never received the ticket. The postman delivered Xmas cards to my house yesterday. I told him I was waiting for a photo radar ticket to come via the mail. He said they stopped delivering those about 6 months ago. So hopefully when I renew my car decal they can show me a copy of the ticket.

They will usually have a  printed copy of you car/plate at the car tax location you choose to use..so ask to check the photo

On 1/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, cedros said:

34 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

They will usually have a  printed copy of you car/plate at the car tax location you choose to use..so ask to check the photo

They told me at the car tax place in Jootepec that they never get those photos. That you need to go to Guadalajara to see them.

10 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm figuring I'll have to pay it, I am hoping someone knows the process.  Hoping I can just pay it along with the plate charge!.

No way in heck am I going to go to GDL for the price of this ticket.  

Yes, you pay it (grudgingly) with the plate tax. If you don't pay for the ticket you don't get your new tags.

9 hours ago, ea93105 said:

When I had to get new plates a month a ago they said I had a photo infraction which I also had to pay, at least they showed me a photo...this was at the Chapala office btw

Mexican inconsistences. No one in charge.

9 hours ago, ea93105 said:

When I had to get new plates a month a ago they said I had a photo infraction which I also had to pay, at least they showed me a photo...this was at the Chapala office btw

So you were able to pay it there while getting the renewal sticker?

It sucks but there's no way I'm going to spend hours and scarce gasoline fighting the amount involved.  

Wow, I just paid my vehicle taxes yesterday in Jocotepec for my 3 cars. An infraction showed up. Guess which car? Ok the Corvette shzamm! IT was 800 pesos I mention to the lady I never received a mailing she said she knew that and cut the ticket in half.

BTW, no lines one person in front of me. Great service with smiles. In and out 10 minutes.

51 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

So you were able to pay it there while getting the renewal sticker?

It sucks but there's no way I'm going to spend hours and scarce gasoline fighting the amount involved.  

Yes, but I wish I had mentioned that they are illegal and maybe gotten a break like other have mentioned.. Never received a notice in the mail either.

On a separate note, I had to pay 600 for a seat belt infraction, seem pretty high !

18 minutes ago, lumieretoo said:

What happens when the plate is from another State?

I spend time Lakeside and in Guadalajara but my plate is from a different state.

It has been my understanding that you do not receive a ticket.  I was told that by a person with Edo Mexico plates.  No cross reference between systems.  YMMV

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

Wow, I just paid my vehicle taxes yesterday in Jocotepec for my 3 cars. An infraction showed up. Guess which car? Ok the Corvette shzamm! IT was 800 pesos I mention to the lady I never received a mailing she said she knew that and cut the ticket in half.

BTW, no lines one person in front of me. Great service with smiles. In and out 10 minutes.

Much better service in Joco this year.

That brings up an interesting point.  If you go on line and find you just got a citation, will you get the discount for paying early?

When the citation came in the mail there was always at least a few days one could go to Oxxo with it and pay the discounted fine.

Have they eliminated this also?

This photo radar setup is a real racket.  Can't believe influential Mexicans who like to drive fast haven't gotten rid of it.

Got a ticket delivered to our home in early December.  My husband went to the office in Chapala to pay it and get the discount which he did.  While there he was told there were other two unpaid tickets which they could not show him.  He paid them all and the receipt showed ticket numbers.  Different processes for different days, I guess.

Archived