Chapala.com Webboard

Organic grocery like Whole Foods near by?

Dan M

I was driving through town this morning and out of the corner of my eye I saw the sign ORGANIC CHICKEN !!!!!! what the h*ll is an OC....

(I must try to recall the location)....... OK OK i think it was in a HEALTH shop, next to Dra Justina Rehabilitation Clinic is, just west of Dental Express on the south service road...Damn I should have taken a picture of this rare bird

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I was driving through town this morning and out of the corner of my eye I saw the sign ORGANIC CHICKEN !!!!!! what the h*ll is an OC....

(I must try to recall the location)....... OK OK i think it was in a HEALTH shop, next to Dra Justina Rehabilitation Clinic is, just west of Dental Express on the south service road...Damn I should have taken a picture of this rare bird

Simpleminded answer which I suspect you must already know:  Chicken that hasn't been fed with crud and chemicals. If you ever visited a commercial chicken growing facility, you'd gag at the conditions and the so-called "food".

It's very likely that you're eating that chicken regularly, though.  Some of the people at the "farmers market" actually raise chickens right....the old fashioned way.

I guess if all the chickens, cows, dogs and cats were "raised right"....half the world would be starving....so take your choice do you want to be part of a world famine/ genocide......No seriously  I respect your position.....  it just seems that our world is going to H*ll and our priorities are all screwed up ...do you think the refugees in Syria care if the chicken is organic or not...just sent them the chicken.... any bl**dy  chicken

Just now, lakeside7 said:

I guess if all the chickens, cows, dogs and cats were "raised right"....half the world would be starving....so take your choice do you want to be part of a world famine/ genocide......No seriously  I respect your position.....  it just seems that our world is going to H*ll and our priorities are all screwed up ...do you think the refugees in Syria care if the chicken is organic or not...just sent them the chicken.... any bl**dy  chicken

I think most of us here are well aware of the world's troubles. Obviously, starving people don't give a damn how their food was raised, since they are too hungry and out of luck to afford to care. I doubt very much that our food choices are going to make a difference in the speed with which the world goes to hell.  The reasons for this are far more complicated (and political) to discuss on this forum.

5 minutes ago, gringal said:

I think most of us here are well aware of the world's troubles. Obviously, starving people don't give a damn how their food was raised, since they are too hungry and out of luck to afford to care. I doubt very much that our food choices are going to make a difference in the speed with which the world goes to hell.  The reasons for this are far more complicated (and political) to discuss on this forum.

Darn and I thought this forum was a serious place...well lets all hold  hands.... join in  the circle and sing Kum ba yah 

7 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Darn and I thought this forum was a serious place...well lets all hold  hands.... join in  the circle and sing Kum ba yah 

Where did you get that idea?  If you read the preliminary statements, it's clearly stated what is and what is not allowed on here.

If you want otherwise, try a  different forum with a no holds barred section.   

On 1/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dan M said:

I am moving to Chapala and  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any healthy organic grocery stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts in Guadalajara?  I found one called FRESKA on line but am not familiar with it. I am familiar with Soriana's and Walmart and Super Lake  and have read all about Poncho's new store... what ever it is named?   I'm willing to drive 45 minutes to an hour once every week or two if anyone has any recommendations. 

Check out Bodega Organica in Guadalajara. They are on Lazaro Cardenas near the Abastos.

https://www.facebook.com/B.organica/

On 1/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dan M said:

I am moving to Chapala and  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any healthy organic grocery stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts in Guadalajara?  I found one called FRESKA on line but am not familiar with it. I am familiar with Soriana's and Walmart and Super Lake  and have read all about Poncho's new store... what ever it is named?   I'm willing to drive 45 minutes to an hour once every week or two if anyone has any recommendations. 

There is another grocer in Guadalajara that carries organic last time I was there. It is called City Market and it is Av. Patria S/N, Jacarandas, 45160 Zapopan, Jal. Info Here

21 hours ago, geeser said:

There is another grocer in Guadalajara that carries organic last time I was there. It is called City Market and it is Av. Patria S/N, Jacarandas, 45160 Zapopan, Jal. Info Here

Very few organic veggies or fruits. Been there three times.  Very high end however I even saw Kirkland products there. The one product that stuck out was Kirkland walnuts. Costco has packaged organic veggies and they are good.

Archived