Chapala.com Webboard

advice on walker

Has anyone used a "rollator" walker on the cobblestones? We have a daughter in upstate NY that uses a walker and is finding hers dangerous in snow. She is thinking that anything that works on cobblestones might work in snow. Suggestions for other devices that have worked would also be welcome.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, nothernewbie said:

Has anyone used a "rollator" walker on the cobblestones? We have a daughter in upstate NY that uses a walker and is finding hers dangerous in snow. She is thinking that anything that works on cobblestones might work in snow. Suggestions for other devices that have worked would also be welcome.

A rolling walker may be dangerous on the cobblestones. It also depends on whether one always needs to hold on to the roller. A rollator has more stability than a simple walker with or with out wheels.

My daughter has MS and came to visit. She used  a lift one because she was afraid of losing balance with a wheeled one on cobblestone. I think if we had had a rollator it would have ben better.. We attempted to drive her to places where there was flat cement. She can walk short distances because she has an electronic device on her leg. But mostly relies on an arm cane.   I think you would have to be strong and go slowly if you used a walker.. Not knowing why she uses one, I am afraid that is all I can recommend. There aren't too many options better than rollator. Look up using a rollator in the snow on google. I think they have suggestions.

Archived