Chapala.com Webboard

Saturday I used the atm across from wings army I wanted to take a little amount a the machine ran for the longest time and then said to contact my bank I have used this atm many times with no problems so I waited for other folks to use the machine and everyone was getting their money so I tried it again and it worked now checking my account I see I have been charged for 2 withdrawals. I just contact USAA and was told because it is a foreign bank  they cannot do anything and so Tuesday I will go to the C I bank know and see what will happen any ideas or suggestions please 

That happened to me in GDL.  The machine's motor was running as if it were happening but nothing came out.  I went to my online account and got the transaction code number.  Emailed my bank (WellsFargo, aka WallStreetDung) and they were on it immediately, deposited the amount in three days.  

It's funny that all these banks have different norms.  Who takes the time to research, 1 in 1000 folks?

Something is wrong with Multiva ATM. I put my card in,it takes two or three minutes for program to com up, when you put required info in it also takes a while to register, when you are ready to get cash, your card comes out and it says cannot give service temporarily...

I've been shorted or declined $$$ a few times....assumed the ATM was low or out of pesos.  My US banks have always worked with me and resolved in my favor.  The last time I was shorted at Multiva (a few months ago), when I went to my online account at Schwab, it showed a debit for what I had asked for (7K), then a full credit for that, then a debit for what the ATM actually gave me (4K).  Multiva made these adjustments without my having to call anyone, so their software has improved.  

OP.....you need to contact your US bank again....they are the ones that need to fix this.  Scan and email them the ATM receipts and an explanation of what happened.  I am very surprised USAA gave you the response they did....they have a very good rep for customer service.  Try again. 

10 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

Saturday I used the atm across from wings army I wanted to take a little amount a the machine ran for the longest time and then said to contact my bank I have used this atm many times with no problems so I waited for other folks to use the machine and everyone was getting their money so I tried it again and it worked now checking my account I see I have been charged for 2 withdrawals. I just contact USAA and was told because it is a foreign bank  they cannot do anything and so Tuesday I will go to the C I bank know and see what will happen any ideas or suggestions please 

Usually YOUR bank (USAA) has to resolve this.

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

Something is wrong with Multiva ATM. I put my card in,it takes two or three minutes for program to com up, when you put required info in it also takes a while to register, when you are ready to get cash, your card comes out and it says cannot give service temporarily...

If that was recent it's the holiday net traffic, school's out too, gamers online.

Archived