Chapala.com Webboard

telmex statements

When I moved almost three years ago I took my phone number with me. I stopped receiving the paper bills I had received regularly for four years.  Over six months I made three visits to TelMex to dutifully explain my problem. Although each service rep called up my account, professed to see the problem, and “corrected” it, I still received no bill. Three months after I gave up expecting paper bills, they again began arriving. On occasion the bill is late, a couple of times I did not receive one at all but mostly they arrive on time. It has nothing to do with going paperless and everything to do with general  TelMex administrative inefficiency. 

Years ago I cancelled the paper bills from Telmex as their delivery was so unreliable. I get my bill online from Telmex and also pay it online. It is much more efficient and hassle free.

You can go the Telmex Pay in the USA and register, pay by the month on that site or download a form to fill out with a credit card number and mail to them and they  do it each month. I have been doing that for over 10 years.

On 26/12/2017 at 3:52 PM, phil in mexico said:

I have not received statements from telmex for a couple of months but have been getting emails from them I think  they want to go paperless anyone know something about this TIA Phil

Once TelMex has your email address, they will send you bills that way. However, to go paperless, you actually have to instruct them to do so. (Unlike their now well-known added-billing schemes where you must "opt out".)

Archived