Chapala.com Webboard

Oven Flame Out gas cutoff

tbh

I just learned that the average/typical new oven here may not have a flameout gas cut off device. That is the gizmo that turns off the gas when it senses the flame has gone out unexpectedly. It's also known as an FSD, a Flame Supervision Device.

I have a new Mabe range , model number XOC8076C, and I would like to explore having a thermocouple (or something) retrofit onto it. I know there are several mechanisms but I have no information about how people who have them like them. Also, I'm wondering about cost.

Does anyone have information or experience about this?

I love my daily bread but gas has its down side.

Thanks.

I'd try asking someone at AppliancePartsPros.com

I use them for all my US appliance parts needs. I have several investment rental properties and did the bulk of my repairs myself. 

My guess is that if this component wasn't initially wired into the oven, it's probably not an easy add on. Online chat with these guys might answer your question. 

I chatted with Samantha and she said they didn't deal with international brands and couldn't predict whether it could be retrofitted or not.   It would depend on the model. 

I will start with the local handyman and ask for recommendations or possibly talk to Tio Sam's, with whom I have dealt before.   I didn't get the stove from them but they should have some leads.

Thanks.

Archived