Chapala.com Webboard

TR requirements leaving Mexico

green bay wi

The writing of Residente Temporal on the top of both forms is less (not) a Mexican government requirement but more to keep an unknowing or non-diligent Immigration agent upon return from mistakenly marking your FMM as a Tourist and thus negating your Temporal visa standing. Same for Permanente. To help with this ‘awareness’ it is always suggested that one hand the Agent your Temporal card first and then hand them the FMM form. Then watch.

You check out with INM to the right of the last airline check in desks.  Fill out the form and hand it to the INM guy with your passport.  Make sure it is marked across the top of each half of the form Residente Temporal or Permanente.  Take that with you to check in at your airline.  Either there or as you board the plane 1/2 the form goes to the airline official.  When you return to Mexico, hand your visa and then your FMM form and passport to the INM officer.  Make sure they mark you as a Residente and not a Tourist.  DO NOT fill out the INM form given to you one the plane.  The FMM form you have is in place of the one they try to give you on the plane--very important!

Odd that no one mentioned or didn´t  noticed that when you give the INM official when entering Mexico your Mx. Resident visa/card and passport they always hold, in my case a US passport card, under a separate barcode scanner, look at their screen, look at my face and hand it back to me. Then they hold my Residente Permanente card under a different barcode scanner, look at the screen, hit a few keyboard keys and hand it back to me and say thank you. It usually takes about a minute.

17 hours ago, Yo1 said:

You check out with INM to the right of the last airline check in desks.  Fill out the form and hand it to the INM guy with your passport.  Make sure it is marked across the top of each half of the form Residente Temporal or Permanente.  Take that with you to check in at your airline.  Either there or as you board the plane 1/2 the form goes to the airline official.  When you return to Mexico, hand your visa and then your FMM form and passport to the INM officer.  Make sure they mark you as a Residente and not a Tourist.  DO NOT fill out the INM form given to you one the plane.  The FMM form you have is in place of the one they try to give you on the plane--very important!

Technically this is true, but the INM officials at the airport have told me it doesn't matter if the FMM you hand in when entering is the other half of the one you used to fly out, or a new one you got on the plane. Note- this is not a rumor, it was told to me by the INM agents at PV airport.

4 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Technically this is true, but the INM officials at the airport have told me it doesn't matter if the FMM you hand in when entering is the other half of the one you used to fly out, or a new one you got on the plane. Note- this is not a rumor, it was told to me by the INM agents at PV airport.

I agree. 
The INM folks don't care as long as they get a FMM filled out properly.  I was only trying to warn folks that if they have filled out a FMM and still have one part of it to turn in when they return to Mexico, DON'T fill out a new one (unless of course you mark across the top your visa status).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, David Benfield said:

If leaving Mexico from Mexico City, where is the INM kiosk?

For what it's worth:

Location and schedules

Terminal 1:

• Legal Migration

Door 10

Telephone: 5133-0020, Exts .: 32325 and 32327

Business Hours: 24 hrs

• Migratory Control Zone

Room "M1", ground floor, at the height of the Last Wait Rooms 28 (arrival of international flights)

Hours of operation: 24 hours.

Terminal 2:

• Legal Migration

Room "K", Upper floor international departures

Phone: 5133-0020, Ext .: 32360

Hours: 24 hrs.

Archived