Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Portable Gas Space Heaters

egcallis

Usually Home Depot in Guadalajara which is where I bought mine. They are also occasionally found at the lighting store in San Antonio next to the Sunrise Restaurant. Don't forget that you will still need to buy the 20 lb. propane tank that they need. And those can be refilled at Z gas opposite El Torito.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Usually Home Depot in Guadalajara which is where I bought mine. They are also occasionally found at the lighting store in San Antonio next to the Sunrise Restaurant. Don't forget that you will still need to buy the 20 lb. propane tank that they need. And those can be refilled at Z gas opposite El Torito. 

My house has LP pipes running thru the house so the tank is not needed and only the big roof tank needs to be dealt with however if no tank you must put a large weight where the normal tank goes to keep the unit balanced as designed otherwise it is front heavy.  Same thing can be done for gas BBQ. Home Depot has the heaters in Guadalajara. I have three heaters so I don't have to move them around.  I feel pretty stupid for trying to live without heat the first year I was here.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:14 AM, tomgates said:

Go to Baja Grills, in Riberas, next door to the Pemex station. 

Went there yesterday and they don't have them and didn't know what they were (we showed them and suggested that they consider carrying them). 

Coppel has them online at a great price but when we went into their Chapala store today to order one they said they're not available in Jalisco. So...Home Depot or Costco it is. Kind of amazing that no one at Lakeside is offering them. 

Anyone know where the electric oil heaters can be found? We bought one at Wal Mart a few weeks ago but they had almost no heaters at all when we visited yesterday. 

17 hours ago, Kevin K said:

Went there yesterday and they don't have them and didn't know what they were (we showed them and suggested that they consider carrying them). 

Coppel has them online at a great price but when we went into their Chapala store today to order one they said they're not available in Jalisco. So...Home Depot or Costco it is. Kind of amazing that no one at Lakeside is offering them. 

Anyone know where the electric oil heaters can be found? We bought one at Wal Mart a few weeks ago but they had almost no heaters at all when we visited yesterday. 

Buy online from Coppel and they deliver for free.

https://www.coppel.com/calefactor-de-gas-lp-thermal-pm-6076913

2 hours ago, Joco said:

Buy online from Coppel and they deliver for free.

https://www.coppel.com/calefactor-de-gas-lp-thermal-pm-6076913

I went to your link to order that heater for my buddy and they are out of stock. Too bad as they are good. we have one, and that price was very good. The tanks are $665.00 pesos at Home Depot right now.

Just returned from Home Depot on Lopez Mateos. They have several different models of propane heaters to choose from, many electric type heaters and also an oil-filled heater. We had to wait while they brought down a huge pallet of all the different heaters. It looks like they’re going fast, so get there soon.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

Those look like great machines compared to the clunker I bought at Home Depot a few years ago.

On Monday all Costco on Lopez Mateos had were wall mount fireplace type heaters. The nearby home Depot had about 4 different ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ilumina + Decora, the lighting store next to Sunrise restaurant on the carretera in San Antonio just got in a pallet of the propane heaters this morning.  The brand is Everheat and it comes with a one year guarantee.  Price:  2,890 pesos, plus 859 for the propane tank.  We'll be so happy to have this during the next cold snap!!

IMG_0157.jpg

Archived