Chapala.com Webboard

BAR JAMON???

Yesterday, neatly taped to our garage door, was a beautifully printed flyer for "Bar Jamon". Front and back showed a complete menu for breakfast and deli offerings, entirely in Spanish.  The subtitle was "Mediterranean Cuisine".  NOWHERE was a clue as to where it is,  how to contact it or any other information about it.  They get the prize for a waste of advertising effort.

Anyone have any information about this place?

A Google search proved to be futile.  Maybe a Facebooker can find something.

I'm really curious, because this flyer was printed on good shiny paper and included four full color photos of the food. Prices not cheap, but not unreasonable. 69 pesos for Eggs Florentine, for example.   Full descriptions of the dishes.  I kind of hope the owner hears about this and tosses an update in my mailbox.

42 minutes ago, gringal said:

Over the top, anywhere.:rolleyes:

Yeah of course, but so typical. Something in the thought process that grabs a great idea on the one hand but fails to follow it all the way through. How many restaurants do you know that have obviously paid good money for a nice menu but if you get the English version there are so many mistranslations. We never use the English version anymore, it's not reliable. If you understand even beginner Spanish you find all kinds of errors. And with the huge Gringo population wouldn't you think they would "run it by" some of their best customers? Nope, once the Spanish version passes muster it's off to the printer. "Oh, go ahead and translate it into English also". What does the printer know or care? In this case, any Mexican would simply be expected to ask someone where the place actually is. Why would you waste money putting that on the flyer? LOL  :lol: (Whada ya mean ya don't know where we are?)

6 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Yeah of course, but so typical. Something in the thought process that grabs a great idea on the one hand but fails to follow it all the way through. How many restaurants do you know that have obviously paid good money for a nice menu but if you get the English version there are so many mistranslations. We never use the English version anymore, it's not reliable. If you understand even beginner Spanish you find all kinds of errors. And with the huge Gringo population wouldn't you think they would "run it by" some of their best customers? Nope, once the Spanish version passes muster it's off to the printer. "Oh, go ahead and translate it into English also". What does the printer know or care? In this case, any Mexican would simply be expected to ask someone where the place actually is. Why would you waste money putting that on the flyer? LOL  :lol: (Whada ya mean ya don't know where we are?)

LOL indeed.  But that's what I'm doing here! (grin)

19 minutes ago, Xena said:

There is a Bar Jamon on FB. It gives the address as 

Carretera Chapala-Jocotepec No. 287
Zapopan

I clicked on Directions but got Invalid Address. Does that help? :D

...which makes me wonder why they would be distributing flyers in Ajijic....but no matter.  Logic has no place here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went last night excellent worth the trip.  It is on the main highway coming from Ajijic going west go up to OXXO on the lake side right next door on the west side of OXXO.  Two parking spots out front but lots of parking on the street.  Enjoy!

It's in San Juan Cosala.  There is only one Pemex station in SJC on the main drag and there is an OXXO next to it.  The Bar Jamon entrance is next to the OXXO.  So you have to travel further than West Ajijic, even further than the fish restaurants, even further than the Racquet Club entrance.  

Archived