Chapala.com Webboard

The Snowbirds are back

jrm30655

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Oh my, Daisy. You are taking this thread way too seriously. 

Seconded. It's hard to joke around about anything these days without someone jumping on you for not being politically correct.

There is a hilarious video called "How to speak English like a wetback".  The comments online below the video when I watched it ran to outrage about how "racist" it was against Mexicans. In people's rush to be "PC", they failed to notice that it was made by a Mexican American comedian and missed the point entirely that it was actually poking fun at Americans who claim illegal Mexican immigrants are taking all their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Woman on my street told me not to park in front of her door since that is her space and since she doesn't have a car her friends have to pull over down the street a couple doorways when they come to pick her up.  The entire street from the old Number 4 restaurant south was empty.  When I mentioned I had paid the outside gardener to weed that side of the street curb area she said that when he pulled the weeds in the gutter he pulled out all the grass and now she hasn't any grass for her two dogs.  No wonder I smelled urine when I got out of my car everyday since the rains stopped.  

Anyway, The Globe and Mail had this for snowbirds who haven't decided where to go yet...https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/globe-wealth/five-more-hot-spots-for-well-to-do-snowbirds/article37000857/

• 1 year later...

This problem is everywhere in Lakeside.  It's also something to think about when renting or buying. I was lucky in finding a place on the "no parking" side of a one way street, with a garage.

People who does what's shown above don't even stop to think about what happens if the owner of the property NEEDS to get out for an emergency.  The entitled jerks care only for themselves.  I think the people who include a picture of a tow truck along with the words re no parking may have the right idea!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, d-d said:

I'm resurrecting an old thread as an example of an ongoing problem.  Why do this?  Clearly places to park on the street, but feel entitled to park in front of my garage signed no parking.  Why?  

20190509_094547.jpg

20190509_094530.jpg

20190509_094539.jpg

We wouldn't consider doing this and would walk a block or two to park   BECAUSE we know there is a chance our nice paint job might have a screwdriver scratch all along one side of it. Maybe this person is ignorant of this common act of revenge.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

It just dawned on me that no only did this jerk.... in the pictures.... park in front of the garage door illegally but he/she is parking the wrong direction on that street and not even close to the curb. 

Tsk, Tsk...Merely suggestions in Mexico and this obvious expat has decided "When in Rome..." Too many expats end up going native and the suggestions above are probably what he/she needs.

10 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

How about turning the other cheek, and give them a roll of TP to take on their travels - just wrap it around the car!   😉

I like that one.  It would get the message across without doing anything illegal.  T.P. is appropriate treatment for a real ashole.

Yeah, what's with those people who take up 2 parking spaces, anyway? Even with a small car. I guess they figure the lines are just a suggestion, or parking lot decoration. 

My ex kept a stack of business cards in his vehicle that said "If you f**k like you park, you'll never get it in" to slip under the windshield wipers.

That is what happens with age,. The snowbrds have rosy clolor glasses as a rule, they are happy to escape the cold, the grumpy ones are here all year , take things for granted and gripes about everything that is just not perfect..

• Like 1