Chapala.com Webboard

Visa financial requirements for US couple

MaryAnn

I saw the same thing in several paragraphs. I tried to copy same and post here,, but I could not get both the typed and typed over data to copy. I am using Internet explorer and windows 10  and Microsoft Edge (It was just some of the paragraphs that were overtyped

Thanks. Unfortunately, when I open it using my MAC the issue is not there. Similarly, not an issue on my I-Phone. Suggestions appreciated.

Sonia

I'll attempt to post a screen shot.

I took a look at your site verbage, using firefox, from my perspective, there appear to be lots of extraneous code. The current thinking on website design, layout and such is to separate design from content, it makes it much easier to rework and adjust.

Sonia_web.png

Yes, cut-n-paste into probably any word/text program will allow it to be viewed successfully. 

It also is OK using an iPad so Apple/Safari is seeing it as intended. Google Chrome also handles it fine. Firefox does not. As mentioned above there is probably something in the 'code' that is not being picked 'correctly' up by some browsers. Common actually. IMO, only your website designers (or someone there schooled in web design) will be able to determine why some/all windows-based browsers can't decipher the intent.

40 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm getting this on some pages with Windows and Chrome too.  For example Sams Club Mexico.  Not getting it on Sonia's page though. 

Nice page, Sonia!

Thanks

In past 4 months 120000 views / average 1000 per day. The host is Go Daddy so it is frustrating it has issues. 

Guess  should have added that it was Chrome on an Android device but I just checked and it works fine on my Windows 10 Chrome too......

But aside from the 'problem' with the page on some computers..... nice information Sonia!

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to have become a computer problem page instead of trying to answer the original question.  Not sure, but seems the OP is asking about financial requirements for perm. res. visa. The Mexican embassy website says for individual, one needs 94,165 on deposit for previous 6 months or 2,354/month income from pension,etc.  No info readily available for couples.  When we applied a few years ago, we got denied at first because we were not pensionistas but when I suggested she check the embassy website she quickly decided to give us the permanente visa based on bank deposits.  Consulate employees all have different versions of the "truth" so instead of disputing the requirements, just refer them to their own government website so they don't feel like they have to break any rules or use any personal judgment that might get them in trouble with their boss.

Alan

You can qualify for a Resident Permanente visa at least 4 different ways.

Each individual applicant has the option of meeting the INM & SRE "personal fiscal solvency" requirements:

https://yucalandia.com/2017/11/22/mexico-city-minimum-wages-salario-minimo-going-up-dec-1-2017/

" … Average Monthly Balance of about $94,000 USD (exactly $1,767,200 pesos) at $19:1 MXN:USD for Residente Permanente ... EFFECTIVE Dec. 1, 2017 … per 10/10/14 DOF Lineamientos for Mexican Consulates.

or
Using Method of Regular Deposits of Income or Pension Receipts: (for Residente Permanente)
~ Have minimum monthly (investment account or work?) income deposits or pension deposits that are the equivalent of five hundred days worth of the current minimum wage ($88.36 for 2018) in the Federal District, for each of the previous six months – with original and copies of original bank statement. This translates to:
 about $2,100 USD (exactly $44,180 pesos  for 2018) a month of regular deposits for one Residente Permanente. ... EFFECTIVE Dec. 1, 2017 "

= = = = = = =
The more common route is for the spouse  who has the financial accounts & income in their name,  applies at a Mexican Consulate for a Residente Permanente visa,  and then the spouse enters Mexico on a Visitante visa ('tourist' visa).   When the Residente Permanente applicant gets their RP visa,   they then use the INM's  Vinculo Familiar program to get their spouse (or immediate family member) a 2 year Residente visa.

Summary of alternate routes to Residente Permanente visas, that do not require meeting the SRE or INM personal fiscal solvency requirements:
~ Be the spouse or immediate relative of a Residente Permanente or Mexican Citizen, qualify automatically for a Residente Temporal visa ... then complete 2 years of Residente Temporal & then automatically qualify for a Residente Permanente visa.
or
~ Complete 4 years of Residente Temporal, (lower $$ requirements), and then automatically qualify for a Residente Permanente visa.

Vinculo Familiar program information is listed here:

https://yucalandia.com/answers-to-common-questions/new-rules-and-procedures-for-immigration-visiting-and-staying-in-mexico/#Other Categories/Qualifications that Permit a Foreigner to Become a Residente Temporal

And do not let anyone tell you that an income other than a pension source is appropriate / legal for Permanent Resident pre-approval. I am quoting the law.

I know several who tried non-pension sourced income for PR and were denied.

PS to mr copy and paste,

Copyright © 1999 - 2017 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. All Rights Reserve

Copyright © 2013 - 2017 SONIA DIAZ

Spencer~Intercasa describes the requirements here,   without adding  any extra requirement of "pension income only", because some cities Mexican Consulates (like Portland OR) accept any monthly income, while other Mexican Consulates (like Boston) require only pension income.

"
VISA REQUIREMENTS AT MEXICAN CONSULATES OUTSIDE MEXICO:
To qualify for the temporary visa they must show a monthly income of 300 times the minimum wage (for 2017 it is 80.04 pesos) or 24,012 pesos or $1,158 US dollars using an exchange rate of 20.73 to 1 (using December 28, 2016 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. ... Please be advised that the consulates might have their own special rules. 
 "

http://www.chapalalaw.com/immigration-2/

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, annabell1952 said:

For income requirement for Temporary Is it only social security included or can rental income from the states count.  Then I could easily make the desired amount.

For TR any source of income. Pls see my web site. It averages 1100 views per day. soniadiaz.mx

I dont agree that the income MUST come from a pension or SS.  The law says income OR pension, within Mexico they require you receive pension income but not all consulates follow that rule.  The law mentions retired people and is open to interpretation although under most interpretations people under 60 would be hard pressed to prove they are retired unless they were a policeman or fireman or in the military 20 years and then retired but then again they would have a pension. 

Archived