Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Tianguis... Where to Park?

1 minute ago, AngusMactavish said:

My neighbors park at Soriana as some have experienced theft from or vandalism to their foreign plated cars near the tiangui.

We have a MX plated car, but parking at Soriana would be a convenient in/out to Ajijic via the libramiento.  

1 minute ago, AngusMactavish said:

My neighbors park at Soriana as some have experienced theft from or vandalism to their foreign plated cars near the tiangui.

Good advice Angus. Reminds me of the sign where we used to park to go to the Guad flower market:  Picture of a rat with the notice 

"Cuidado, ratas con dos patas".

We have gone many times.  It is busy with lots of cars, however, we can get a parking space.  There tends to be more spaces on the Soriana side, past the supermarket, in the side streets, then we just walk across.  The Tianguis really has a large selection of items and is it is less expensive then the one in Ajijic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

You will see an enormous fenced vacant lot just across the highway from the tianguis. It would accommodate at least a thousand cars, and yet it is not used. Why? Bienvenidos.....

Good observation and question.

17 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Good advice Angus. Reminds me of the sign where we used to park to go to the Guad flower market:  Picture of a rat with the notice 

"Cuidado, ratas con dos patas".

Thanks for the memory-jog, pappy!  I used to see that sign all the time and loved it.

Do you know Paquita La Del Barrio, the iconic Mexican singer?   "Rata de dos Patas" is one of her most famous songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obV__MFMaY

21 hours ago, Zeb said:

We have gone many times.  It is busy with lots of cars, however, we can get a parking space.  There tends to be more spaces on the Soriana side, past the supermarket, in the side streets, then we just walk across.  The Tianguis really has a large selection of items and is it is less expensive then the one in Ajijic.

It's also about 3 times bigger than the other one but has a lot of the same vendors.

• 1 year later...

I guess everyone on this thread has not heard that the Chapala Tianguis has been relocated temporarily to outside Cristiania Park, not far from the east end of the Chapala Malecon.  I think it will be there for about 6 weeks while they are doing water and sewer line repairs on the street that is usually located, not far from Soriana.  It does really help to be on the Gobierno de Chapala Facebook site to keep up with what's going on, especially in Chapala.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

The usual location is getting new street rebuild and infrastructure so the temp location is on the street[northbound side I think] at Cristiania park until that's finished. It usually starts around 7:30 am and finishes around 3 pm.

I'm not everyone but apparently some choose not to read all the posts. By the way I don't need to hear,just looking works for me.

22 minutes ago, Arroyos said:

I guess everyone on this thread has not heard that the Chapala Tianguis has been relocated temporarily to outside Cristiania Park, not far from the east end of the Chapala Malecon.  I think it will be there for about 6 weeks while they are doing water and sewer line repairs on the street that is usually located, not far from Soriana.  It does really help to be on the Gobierno de Chapala Facebook site to keep up with what's going on, especially in Chapala.

“Everyone on this thread” did not talk about the new location because someone resurrected a post from almost two years ago instead of making a new post to ask their question. The first response to the newest post in an old thread gave the information about the market having moved as well as the hours. It really helps to notice things like that instead of rushing to criticize. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, traderspoc said:

usually  i can find a spot in the upper middle  on a side street, carrying all those vegetables three blocks is too  much for me.

near the turn off below soriana's i usually find a spot and have to back out of street, 

The confusion continues. This thread was from a couple of years ago. Someone resurrected it instead of writing a new post to ask their question. For the next several months the Chapala tianguis will be on Gonzales Gallo due to street renovations.

• Like 1

Moved, changed, resurrected...all reasons to have the administrator archive posts older than say a year.  You can still get the old info just prevents misunderstandings.  That said the Chapala Government Facebook pages are very informative.  Or the newspaper.  

Yes many say - oh my privacy etc... well yes, maybe, probably.  However "they" already know all that info about you. 

• Thanks 1