Chapala.com Webboard

Shipping address for Amazon US

M&C

Most of the mail services will receive packages for a small fee.  They are open daily.  That's what I use.

With the delivery companies, it depends on the drivers.  Some drivers understand the numbering system, some don't.

Even if they find your house, if you aren't home, what happens next is anyones guess.

As far as DHL, they couldn't find my address and it has been in the same place at least 20 years

If you have a Laredo forwarder check with them; I use Handy Mail for both Amazon US and MX and because I am a box renter, there is no fee.  DHL has had problems delivering, but I asked google maps to add them to their map and they did.  

It could also be that your item can't be shipped to Mexico. I've used Amazon for a lot of things and my orders have always shown up early. There are some items, though (electronics, fragrances, etc) , that I either have to pay for mail forwarding or get a friend who's going north.

One thing I've found with Amazon shipping to Ajijic using both US and Mexico web sites is to add a second address line stating entre <street 1> y <street 2>. or esq <street>. That gives the driver either crossstreets or that you're near the corner of another street. 

Archived