Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular

cedros

Yes,....BUT, if they want to, you might only get a one year contract and then renew for a three year period. I have taken folks in from Chapala and, without reason, some only get offered a one year. 

Remember to get your contract plastic covered as the printing can rub off and also to never expect free service without your contract in hand.

Fred Habacht

17 hours ago, dennis clark said:

gringohombre, could you get by with limited Spanish ?

I brought a young Mexican guy who does computer work for me and all I did was hand over the sheaf of documents to a lady behind the counter and she did all the work filling out the form. The only question asked me was "how many years of schooling did I have?". I was then given a few papers to sign and was on my way with my POLIZA DE AFILIACION document.  I have not completed the next step of going to the clinic in San Antonio where I live to since the Doctor has not been in. I will be taking the same guy with me just in case but I think that with my limited Spanish I could have accomplished it alone.

So yesterday we went to the Seguro Popular hospital in El Chante to apply for Seguro Popular. Everything was as described as above except the internet was down so the lady said to come back in a few days or go to Chapala or Jocotepc. Access is so difficult at Chapala & Jocotepec we will go back to El Chante. Thanks again for all the help.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:14 PM, El Bizco said:

For Seguro Popular renewal you need to bring:
1. Original and copy of your resident visa, or IFE voter card/ID if a citizen.
2. Proof of address and a copy. A utility bill will do, doesn't have to be in your name.
3. Your CURP card and a copy.

What do you mean your CURP card, we don't get hard copies, you can only print it off the computer as far as I know.

2 hours ago, hensley said:

What do you mean your CURP card, we don't get hard copies, you can only print it off the computer as far as I know.

I have a hard copy.

So we went to the Seguro Popular hospital on Tuesday to apply and Claudia (the gal who signs you up) said we could not apply that day as the internet was down and we should go to Chapala or Jocotepec or come back in a few days. Yesterday she said there was a problem with foreigners as they don't have two surnames. Today she say come back in two weeks as they are having a problem with the program. Am I getting a round around?

14 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Yes. Go to Chapala. I went this year with my sole surname and papers. The kind lady had me out in 15 minutes.

It is a pain for me to go to Chapala. For me it should be much easier at El Chante.

• Sad 2

I gave up on El Chante. They said to go to the office in Jocotepec. We did and they said they  could not give me Seguro Popular as they said there was no record of me cancelling IMSS even though I did not renew this year and my facilitator said she had cancelled my IMSS. So the guy said go to the IMSS office in Jocotepec and get a constancia de Baja del IMSS. I did but they were closed for some reason today. So back there Monday. Patience testing. 

3 minutes ago, barbara habacht said:

Do you want me to help you?

Fred Habacht

Thanks for the offer but I know what I have to do. First wait for hours outside the IMSS office on Monday to get the constancia and then go to the SP office.

49 minutes ago, barbara habacht said:

Why did you ever tell them you were in IMSS? Also ask for the new white book that list all services...it is in a stack near the Caja window...all in espanol.

Fred Habacht

I never told them I was in IMSS. He asked if I had IMSS and I said no. After he got on the computer he figured out from something he saw that I had had IMSS.

1. SP computers will tell then if you are with IMSS or ISSSTE. It is not a matter of why did you tell them. Plus the law states you can only belong to one of these providers.

2. The national computer system was down for a few days as they updated it. Once updated they discovered when an expat applies with a TR or PR visa that portion of the program had issues. Mexican nationals have been able to apply since Monday.

3. As of approx. 4 months ago, at least in GTO state all applicants with a TR or PR visa now pay at least something. My clients are typically paying 1100 to 1500 pesos / person for 1 year of coverage.

4. When one pays, membership is only for 1 year, requiring annual renewals.

5. SP has a lower cost that IMSS; it does not ask about pre-existuing conditions which with IMSS usually precludes joining; coverage is 100%  from day one vs. IMSS.

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

• Thanks 1

So I got Seguro Popular today (it took about several hours to cancel IMSS first, then about 20 minutes to get SP down the street in Jocotepec. Does anyone know the phone number to get the ambulance from the Seguro Popular (Comunitario) hospital in El Chante? The only number they have on their handout is an 800 number.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:14 PM, El Bizco said:

For Seguro Popular renewal you need to bring:
1. Original and copy of your resident visa, or IFE voter card/ID if a citizen.
2. Proof of address and a copy. A utility bill will do, doesn't have to be in your name.
3. Your CURP card and a copy.

I went to day and they also requested a copy of the original letter...not that it matted, because the lady who deals with the stuff is on holiday until 9th Oct!!!!!

The changes came after April as I noted.

SP can now process new expat applicants but the system could not process an expat renewal as of this morning.