Chapala.com Webboard

Cafe La Canasta Open House in San Juan Cosala

Volunteers from the Token Store in San Juan Cosala have been working for months with a group of five village ladies. Nora, Jonnie, and Nancy have helped these women learn how to start a business, how to keep records, how to create a budget, and how to bake foods for the Expat community.  A large part of of start-up money was from a grant provided by Saint Andrews Church. The ladies have also been making and selling items to add to the fund. 

The ladies are very excited to announce that Cafe La Canasta will host an Open House on September 30, from 3:00-5:00 PM. Guests will be asked to taste and rate muffins to determine which ones the cafe will offer.  Please join us to meet these five delightful ladies and be entertained by the well-known musician, Paul Brier. The cafe will open the following Thursday and will  also serve French-pressed coffee, specialty teas, juices, and breakfast burritos. 

Cafe Opening2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my students want to donate paintings for your cause, If you want to pick them up at my gallery if you have time, otherwise I will bring them Saturday,  I am here daily 11 to four, On Friday I will be gone from 10;30 t0 12;30  Hugz  Ken Gosh  El Gallo Gallery  30 Guadalupe Victoria  Ajijic Centro

Archived