Chapala.com Webboard

Qualified Architect Needed

J.Miller

I have asked this question before but cannot find the answers that I got at the time.  We actually had a wonderful guy recommended to us but unfortunately he is too busy to take on our project for the next year.  I need someone with provable, documented certification as an architect/engineer, as our planned renovation includes structural changes that MUST be done properly with necessary support/foundation enhancements.  I speak almost no Spanish so I really need someone who is proficient in English and someone close to Joco would be good!

Does anyone know Temo Marquez from Joco and have a contact number?  I have heard that he is a good architect.

I had a list of five and he was on it. The first guy was rude, and said he would get back to me and I never heard from him again. 

The second guy was nice but told me he couldn't start for one to two months before he even asked what I wanted. The third came by and said he would take the job but he has a three day a week job so it would be spread out and he wasn't accredited. 

The fourth on the list was doing work for a neighbor and I loved his work. Since he is already right next door it was easy for him to work me in too. He is the name I gave you. 

The fifth was Temo. After figuring out people were busy, I jumped at getting under contract with Ramon and never called Temo. But, since he was on the list I was given by a realtor friend I trusted he was good. 

I hired Ramon to do not only the design, engineering, and permit work; but to also work as my general contractor. Work has been constantly progressing faster than I thought. 

Does anyone know Temo Marquez from Joco and have a contact number?  I have heard that he is a good architect.

We used Temo for two bathroom remodels in 2015, both involving some structural changes. Additionally, his guys retiled the remainder of our floors. For help with design, we liked Temo. I think he's a good architect, but maybe not as good as a general contractor. His albañil Chino, from San Juan Cosalá, is an artist. The guy who was painting for him and doing plumbing - not so much. If you'd like more details, PM me with your phone number. I don't know that we'd use him again. 

33-1268-8509

temomarquez@gmail.com

Archived