Chapala.com Webboard

My dogs have always had great teeth because I gave them lots of chews back in the States. Now that I am here, the companies that I got them from in there won't ship to Mexico.  I am looking for bully sticks and/or trecheas.  Ironically, one of the companies lists their bullies as being from Mexico and Columbia.  

I do NOT want rawhide. I have tried to find bones as a few people have suggested but the butcher has so far been out by the time I get to them.  Is there anyone who speaks Spanish that could see if there is a mail order here?  My searches are coming up nil because I have a feeling they are not called bully sticks here. 

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

Give them carrots, very good for teeth and gums. Talk to your local butcher and ask when they usually have bones. I know you can get them at El Torito also.

Thanks. Neither of mine will touch carrots.  Shasta will eat apples but only if I skin them. Sigh.  I'll look at El Torito's. Thanks again.

4 hours ago, TheBestSideOfTheWall said:

My dogs have always had great teeth because I gave them lots of chews back in the States. Now that I am here, the companies that I got them from in there won't ship to Mexico.  I am looking for bully sticks and/or trecheas.  Ironically, one of the companies lists their bullies as being from Mexico and Columbia.  

I do NOT want rawhide. I have tried to find bones as a few people have suggested but the butcher has so far been out by the time I get to them.  Is there anyone who speaks Spanish that could see if there is a mail order here?  My searches are coming up nil because I have a feeling they are not called bully sticks here. 

If you look on the Senasica website, you'll find a list of pet foods and treats prohibited for import to Mexico. This list includes anything with ruminant origin, which includes cattle. So anything with beef, beef byproducts etc, is not allowed in.That's why you don't see them shipped to Mexico. 

10 hours ago, TheBestSideOfTheWall said:

My dogs are raw fed. Recently I found that the butcher in the Chapala mercado will order trachea for me. I give it as is and it is crunchy. You may be able to dehydrate and make it harder, don't know since I haven't tried. The butcher's daughter, Letitia, sells lamb at the Tuesday market. She speaks English and you can work it out with her. 

Archived