Chapala.com Webboard

Bagels?

Curmudgeon

Does anyone know where to find decent bagels? Costco and "Costco South" ( SuperLake) have something that is a very poor substitute. Walmart used to make a reasonable product but they have ceased production. The "Bagel Place" just gets them from Costco.

Anyone have a source?

TIA

I'm not going to tell you about the ex-pat in Mexico City who has started a bagel business here.  Nor will I tell you that his bagels are as good as any I ever ate in NYC.  But I will post a picture of a few that I bought.  Onion in the foreground, everything, and salt.

Bagels 1.jpg

10 hours ago, More Liana said:

I'm not going to tell you about the ex-pat in Mexico City who has started a bagel business here.  Nor will I tell you that his bagels are as good as any I ever ate in NYC.  But I will post a picture of a few that I bought.  Onion in the foreground, everything, and salt.

Ok Liana... Wicked game of tease you are playing with us... WHERE IS THIS PLACE... gracias!

12 hours ago, More Liana said:

Bagels 1.jpg

So why are you not going to tell us?

On 8/25/2017 at 9:28 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Before the Bagel Place was sold, and then moved locations, they made their own bagels fresh daily. That is no longer the case?

I thought they were made there as well.  That's why I mentioned it.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:52 PM, betty7 said:

off topic but related: anyone know where i can get brownies w/out added chemicals, added fake gluten & transfats. natural& simple as possible?

I think the organic market (La Huerta) on Tuesday morning.  I'm not sure the same items are there weekly.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:28 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Before the Bagel Place was sold, and then moved locations, they made their own bagels fresh daily. That is no longer the case?

Went in there recently. Their bagels did not look appetizing, and nor was the price. when I asked the srta. behind the counter where they came from, she told me that the plain  and onion came from Costco,  and she wasn't sure about the others. I asked if the make any, answer was no.

Then you probably need to continue your search. They are the closest thing to real bagels that I have found here. The srta that I asked told me they were brought in fresh each morning by the owner from Guadalajara. Definitely, not from Costco. Their "bagels" are just round pieces of baked bread dough.

Archived