Chapala.com Webboard

Kidney Stones

Tomas

Dr. Daniel Hernandez urologist/surgeon 376-766-5154 or cell 045-331-411-2702. Comes to Integrity Clinic. Very personable, excellent English. Has performed prostate surgery on my husband and 2 of my friends. I would assume he removes kidney/bladder stones. He answers his cell phone promptly. Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Dr. Daniel Hernandez urologist/surgeon 376-766-5154 or cell 045-331-411-2702. Comes to Integrity Clinic. Very personable, excellent English. Has performed prostate surgery on my husband and 2 of my friends. I would assume he removes kidney/bladder stones. He answers his cell phone promptly. Hope this helps!

Agree.  He did surgery on my husband for both prostate AND kidney stones.  He also treated me for recurring UTIs that no one else here could figure out.  We used Fabian before, but only use Dr. Hernandez now.  He gives you choice of hospitals. We used Hospital County 2000.  We had a great experience.  PM me if you want additional info.

Dr Jessica Quintella  was my medical doctor came to every surgery helped my diagnose the stones and reviewed treatment selection with me and the urologist.

she referred me to Dr Pinillos, who visits Dr Leons office on Thursday,   He performed laser surgery in Guad at my request as i had lithotrpsy three years earlier and stones came back.

he is sharp  detailed DR with experience and no bullshit.  he does not give you the run around as  i had with another urologist

Ouch!  Superlake sells Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother in it and that breaks stones up and passes them.  We have a friend who passed their stones drinking apple juice.   I even kept a dog alive for a year that had stones by giving him apple cider vinegar mixed with raw honey and some water.   Vet said he could remove the stones but he'd keep forming them.  We can change our diet to more alkaline and quit forming stones.   Best well wishes!  

Thanks for all the info..Thankfully I passes this stone yesterday and on the mend. Had surgery 10 years ago to have a "boulder" sized marble broken up and removed. Have read about the Apple Cider vinegar as well as lemon juice, etc.

As an aside:

I had our dog operated on 3 times over the years for massive amounts of stones each time, had him on a diet dog food (lamb and veggies)and bottled water. The Dalmatian breed is genetically prone to having this problem..

Congratulations on the passing of the stone!  I hope I don't ever have to deal with that!

It may seem strange but the meat proteins are the likely cause of the stone formation because it's acidic.  I wouldn't be afraid to switch the dog to fruits and raw veggies and see if it'll stop.  I wish I would have known this when I was helping our dog and perhaps could have saved his life.  

An elephant certainly doesn't lack for protein and is huge without eating meat!!! ;)    I wonder how your dog would do with fish?

I have been told that some kidney stones are acid, some are alkaline. Since I seem to get a kidney stone about once every 15-20 years, and have always passed them in the Emergency Room bathroom while waiting to see a doctor, I don't know what kind I have. But the treatment is different based on the type of stone.

Archived