Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM cards- current status of experiences

virgogirl

I read an old thread, and then called LCS to check if anything was scheduled to apply for INAPAM.

They said they "sell" the applications but other than that, nothing is scheduled. I plan to go to DIF in Chapala. From reading past threads, it seemed there was controversy on the CURP necessity.

I just received my RT-with permission to work. Does that give you a CURP? Need to know how to get one, and what else it might be good for. Thanks in advance for input. I go to the city to work, and the savings on Chapala Plus buses would help.

I can't reply as to how to get the card. However, I use my card all the time. Discount on lab work, medicine, bus fares (I have traveled to the U.S. 3 times at 50% off the normal fare), and some events give discounts. I ask everywhere if they give discounts.

52 minutes ago, virgogirl said:

I read an old thread, and then called LCS to check if anything was scheduled to apply for INAPAM.

They said they "sell" the applications but other than that, nothing is scheduled. I plan to go to DIF in Chapala. From reading past threads, it seemed there was controversy on the CURP necessity.

I just received my RT-with permission to work. Does that give you a CURP? Need to know how to get one, and what else it might be good for. Thanks in advance for input. I go to the city to work, and the savings on Chapala Plus buses would help.

CURP and INAPAM  are two different cards.  INAPAM gives you discounts.  You will need a CURP card for several legal things here.  LCS does not charge for an application for your INAPAM card or you can get it at the DIF office.  I think you  get the CURP at INM office, used to get it at the police station no longer

I realize the CURP and INAPAM are two different things. I will check at INM about the CURP. I was told in the phone call to LCS tyhat they sell the forms there. She stated it at least three times, but I didn't inquire to how much since i see no need to buy a form.

Many people said in the past on old threads, that they at DIF were turning people away since they didn't have the materials to make the cards. I am wondering if this is still how it is.and if so, where is the place to go to accomplish this in GDL. 

Thanks. I know what it is FOR, looking for process and people's experiences with that in Chapala vs GDL.

gee thanks, rv. hope life is tucson is good. 

I don't see anything labeled CURP on the card, only NUE and No. on back of card, but I'll go ask the nice people at INM tomorrow

Most INM offices generate a CURP and place it on the front of your visa at the bottom. Chapala INM it appears may be too lazy to do so. Yes LAZY as sometimes they do it and sometimes they do not. They know everyone sooner or later needs one and they know it is them who issues it. Other INM offices have been doing for years. 

You may still have a CURP and not know it. You may check here: https://consultas.curp.gob.mx/CurpSP/inicio2_2.jsp

In the drop down box where it says SELECCIONE select the last option Nacido en el Extranjero.

More on CURP here: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/citizenship--etc..html

I have given up trying to get INAPAM.  They never have the cards in Chapala, or if they do they are holding for locals.  I did see somewhere that it was easier to get the card in GDL, but I guess you won't know unless you try.  Here it has been impossible for me and I can't be bothered any longer.

Thanks arroyos, that is what I'd been hearing. I work in GDL and have lived there in the past so should be able to find that office. I would love to know where it is located in GDL. Thank you, Sonia. I will check to see if I have one in the system, and if not, I'll go to INM. I appreciate all the help given. Still hope someone knows the address where you get the cards in GDL. A friend of mine, rest his soul, got his there in GDL, and he just handed a little mordida to get it right away. if that what it takes, that's what I'd do since I wouldn't want to be going to GDL during the week more than once for that.

Location of INAPAM office in GDL anyone?

Try this for Inapam. 

Inapam Guadalajara

Palacio Federal, Av. Alcalde núm. 500, Basamento A, Zona Centro, entrada por la calle Hospital. C.P. 44280, Guadalajara, Jal.

Tel: 01 333 658 5254 y 01 333 658 2111

Correo: inapamjal@yahoo.com.mx

Horario de recepción de documentos: Lunes a viernes de 08:00 a 11:00 horas. Horario de oficina de Lunes a viernes de 8:00 a 15:00 horas. 

Interestingly one day they are like hens teeth...then the next "hundreds" are available. A few months ago LCS in conjunction with DIF? was issuing them

Incidentally, last week I went  to Chapala Centro Bus station and presented my card for a Directo to Guadalajara and they said....sorry we have sold out of spaces for INAPAM holders...They only had five places. Seems a new restriction came into place in January

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

You can buy your INAPAM ticket in advance like the others did. I have never seen the places available without space limited availability, bus or air.

Hmm my I guess  you're experience begs the realities. Long  distance coaches and airlines have never, never allowed the bus/plane to be  filled with discount customers 

About 13 years ago, I went to Guadalajara to get my INAPAM card.  The INM office in Guadalajara is very easy to find.   I was in and out of the office in about half an hour, card in hand.  Since then, I have used the card at least once a month to purchase long distance bus tickets at the 50% discounted price on bus lines ETN, ADO, Primera Plus, and Estrella Roja .  No bus line has ever told me there were no spots on the bus for a cardholder.  I understand that some bus lines do have that policy, but...well, YMMV.   As AngusWhatsis said, buy your tickets in advance and you won't have that problem.

Thank you for location of office in GDL. Last week I spoke to the woman at the ticket counter at Chapala bus station asking about the discount rate. It seems that she said that the new discount was only 5 pesos for "directo." Currently it is 55 pesos one way to GDL, and in the past, folks told me INAPAM got you the ticket half price. I does seem something changed, and I will ask again there since I may not have heard the Spanish with 100% comprehension. 

I MIGHT try DIF in Chapala before venturing to the city, but if i get the run around, I'm not going to play the game. GDL has better reputation for actually giving you the card from what I hear. 

1 hour ago, virgogirl said:

Thank you for location of office in GDL. Last week I spoke to the woman at the ticket counter at Chapala bus station asking about the discount rate. It seems that she said that the new discount was only 5 pesos for "directo." Currently it is 55 pesos one way to GDL, and in the past, folks told me INAPAM got you the ticket half price. I does seem something changed, and I will ask again there since I may not have heard the Spanish with 100% comprehension. 

I MIGHT try DIF in Chapala before venturing to the city, but if i get the run around, I'm not going to play the game. GDL has better reputation for actually giving you the card from what I hear. 

Thanks for sharing your experience,  yes  some thing has changed 

58 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

The half price is for long distance buses, like ETN, etc. for interstate trips, not local bus routes like Chapala to Guadalajara.

RV, that's not accurate.  It's very misleading, you should check first before you post erroneous information.  First, in the mind of INAPAM, Guadalajara to Chapala (or vice versa) IS long distance.  The 50% INAPAM discount has nothing to do with interstate routes.  Furthermore, even the little buses that trundle around in the north shore villages offer an INAPAM discount of 50%.

I just spoke to the Chapala Plus people in Guadalajara.  The Chapala Plus employee told me that the cost for the directo from Guadalajara to Chapala (or from Chapala to Guadalajara) is 55 pesos per person.  The discount with an INAPAM card is 50%; the cost with the INAPAM discount applied is 27.5 pesos per person.  Nothing has changed.

If anyone has other questions, call the Chapala Plus people and get the information straight from the horse's mouth.  http://chapalaplus.com.mx/  The website doesn't work for many things, but the telephone numbers are there.

Thanks alot for those clarifications. I just went to DIF this morning and a nice lady gave me a list of what is needed and told me they only do the cards occasionally and this next Tuesday is a day they are doing them. Then INM promised me my CURP by Monday at 10. Things are rolling! Pays to check things out as everyone  may have a different experience. I do believe I misunderstood the lady at Chapala Plus counter because I have seen someone pay half for those tickets. 

Archived