Chapala.com Webboard

Pedestrian hit in front of Superlake

jrod

3 hours ago, ned small said:

It seems to workout fine for me as I'm here. Not everyone one meets in Mexico is a gangbanger nor drug dealer and not everyone is a crazed snow white NOB either.

It only takes one.  With a short fuse and a gun.  Watch the video from Mexico City I posted.  Cabbie was blown away in seconds, that's how fast these situations escalate.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ned small said:

This is not NOB. Very few people carry firearms here. My neighbours all have guns but they follow the law and keep them in their homes. No point in spreading paranoia  about something that happens in another country.

Whoa, bubba ! Obviously you know little about life in Mexico. My Mexican wife warns me every time when I get impatient in traffic that THIS is NOT NOB where we go and that lots of time these Mexicans drivers can be drinking and/or armed and certainly will not take kindly to any "bull" from a "gringo" driver, in the form of his mouth or his horn. She asks me if I know how many Mexicans go to jail for murder. Her engineer brother has also confirmed that to be the situation here. Both are still amazed that I have lived so long (18 years) in Mexico without  being harmed/killed. I must say that in the last few years I have sincerely made an effort to  remain alive while in Mexico.

update found out the driver, took responsibility and paid the cruz roja about 4000 pesos for xrays, medicine and ambulance transportation to Guadalajara.  cruz roja  asked for the be paid before transporting the injured person to hospital in Guadalajara. understand  insurance agent was present said he will be reimbursed by insurance agency.

does anyone have an update on the injured person and who it was

19 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

Whoa, bubba ! Obviously you know little about life in Mexico. My Mexican wife warns me every time when I get impatient in traffic that THIS is NOT NOB where we go and that lots of time these Mexicans drivers can be drinking and/or armed and certainly will not take kindly to any "bull" from a "gringo" driver, in the form of his mouth or his horn. She asks me if I know how many Mexicans go to jail for murder. Her engineer brother has also confirmed that to be the situation here. Both are still amazed that I have lived so long (18 years) in Mexico without  being harmed/killed. I must say that in the last few years I have sincerely made an effort to  remain alive while in Mexico.

There are no "bubbas" in Canada and I've been here 9 years and my other buddy "hoser not bubba"[redneck Canadian] has been here 11, is a lot more mouthy than I . We're still here and his friends most of who have also become mine thinks he's a hoot and aren't worried that he's going to get offed,including  engineers,state and federal lawyers,politicians,cops and many bikers and [gasp!] regular Mexicans. You have posted under various handles about many problems you have had.Why is that? I and my friend have virtually had none and we both live in a barrio that has hardly any foreigners in it.

25 minutes ago, ned small said:

There are no "bubbas" in Canada and I've been here 9 years and my other buddy "hoser not bubba"[redneck Canadian] has been here 11, is a lot more mouthy than I . We're still here and his friends most of who have also become mine thinks he's a hoot and aren't worried that he's going to get offed,including  engineers,state and federal lawyers,politicians,cops and many bikers and [gasp!] regular Mexicans. You have posted under various handles about many problems you have had.Why is that? I and my friend have virtually had none and we both live in a barrio that has hardly any foreigners in it.

I still say he's your alter ego and not your hoser friend.

Archived