Chapala.com Webboard

Bull Fights - Plaza Del Toro

I wonder about boxing in the USA and other parts of the world.  Cruelty to animals for entertainment?  What about to other humans?  Need I mention "Capital Punishment" ?

There are other opinions:

The dead bull is quickly butchered and sold. Employees are paid, etc, etc.

Boxing is just a form of tenderizing. Eventually, they become very malleable.

Capital punishment; when truly capital, as with a guillotine, is said to be rather quick and painless, and may have a certain educational purpose.

OK, now lets talk about the niceties of insecticides, repellants, Agent Orange, Urban sprawl, or whatever you wish.  We humans are not nearly as good as we think we are.

I was raised going to bullfights, they are part of my culture so I can criticize them all I want. . My grand-father took us every Sunday in the summer. I saw all the famous bullfighters and saw several of them being hurt.. Bullfights and games with the fighting cows and acrobatics with fighting bulls are part of my culture and I vote to  have the bullfights banned...

In Boxing two consenting aldults are involved, their choice..

In a bullfight the bull has no  choice, RV no point rationalizing that the meat is sold.. Have you ever tried to eat the meat of a bull afer it has been running fighting for 20 minutes?? The meat is horrible, it used to be given to hospitals for stews..The bull is tortures for 20minutes.. which means 6 bulls are tortured for 20 minutes each for the pleasure of humans.. 

In my grandfather´told us how they used to use old horses without protection and it was common to see a horse running as it was losing its guts stepping on them etc.. then they passed a law to protect the horses. Very few matadores are any good, they miss very often and the sword enters the bull totally and than the bull has to be made to run in circle to get the sword out , usually bleeding from the mouth as it is hit in the lungs and not in the heart and so on..

I have no problem with the bull being shot and butchered , I do have a problem with the bull being put through that. 

Bullfighting has been outlawed in Catalonia. It is outlawed in France except in a few cities where it is an old tradition like Bayonne or Dax but it will be outlawed eventually and really should be put away like feeding the Christians to lions was ...

A lot more things should be outlawed but that one is totally gratuiteous for the pleasure of a few people and to enrich the breeders ...

The cows are also used in games but they are not killed as a results they become very tricky and the games can get pretty funny but the bulls get the pictures past the 20 minut and become very dangerous.. A cow will attack and gore people but not trample them, a bull will tram´le people and gore them.

By the way what kind of a fight is it.. the bull starts out wounded as his neck muscles are damaged so he cannot keep his head up..

Gives us games without the picadores and may the best one winn, let´s see how long the bullfighters will last..

24 minutes ago, bmh said:

I was raised going to bullfights, they are part of my culture so I can criticize them all I want. . My grand-father took us every Sunday in the summer. I saw all the famous bullfighters and saw several of them being hurt.. Bullfights and games with the fighting cows and acrobatics with fighting bulls are part of my culture and I vote to  have the bullfights banned...

In Boxing two consenting aldults are involved, their choice..

In a bullfight the bull has no  choice, RV no point rationalizing that the meat is sold.. Have you ever tried to eat the meat of a bull afer it has been running fighting for 20 minutes?? The meat is horrible, it used to be given to hospitals for stews..The bull is tortures for 20minutes.. which means 6 bulls are tortured for 20 minutes each for the pleasure of humans.. 

In my grandfather´told us how they used to use old horses without protection and it was common to see a horse running as it was losing its guts stepping on them etc.. then they passed a law to protect the horses. Very few matadores are any good, they miss very often and the sword enters the bull totally and than the bull has to be made to run in circle to get the sword out , usually bleeding from the mouth as it is hit in the lungs and not in the heart and so on..

I have no problem with the bull being shot and butchered , I do have a problem with the bull being put through that. 

Bullfighting has been outlawed in Catalonia. It is outlawed in France except in a few cities where it is an old tradition like Bayonne or Dax but it will be outlawed eventually and really should be put away like feeding the Christians to lions was ...

A lot more things should be outlawed but that one is totally gratuiteous for the pleasure of a few people and to enrich the breeders ...

The cows are also used in games but they are not killed as a results they become very tricky and the games can get pretty funny but the bulls get the pictures past the 20 minut and become very dangerous.. A cow will attack and gore people but not trample them, a bull will tram´le people and gore them.

By the way what kind of a fight is it.. the bull starts out wounded as his neck muscles are damaged so he cannot keep his head up..

Gives us games without the picadores and may the best one winn, let´s see how long the bullfighters will last..

Bravo BMH,  totally agree

19 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I wonder about boxing in the USA and other parts of the world.  Cruelty to animals for entertainment?  What about to other humans?  Need I mention "Capital Punishment" ?

At least the human boxers have a choice and the expected outcome is not that one of them dies.  More and more places are outlawing bullfighting.

50 minutes ago, bdlngton said:

Capital punishment is not done for entertainment.

There is no logical connection between the two, either.  The bull did no evil deed to deserve its cruel death.

IMHO, all the "sports" in which cruelty to another is involved appeals to the worst in humans.  That includes prize fighting, in which the object is to damage one participant to the point where he gives up the fight or is knocked unconscious.  What are we, anyway?

On 6/28/2017 at 7:14 AM, Oatsie said:

The boxers have a choice to do it or not, bulls don't. Although it's just as revolting to watch two men where the "sport" is to knock one another unconscious, but hopefully not kill him as that brings bad press. And how about the cheering fans who attend this "entertainment"?  Blood sports, the bloodier the better. Yuck.

Are we going to watch the demise of football now that we know scientifically the brain damage it can cause players? Doubt it.

Good news: I read recently that dog fighting has been banned in Mexico. It's now against the law to train and pit a couple of dogs against each other until they maim or kill each other. Oh, so good--and we know how well laws are strictly enforced in Mexico, don't we.

Lexy

Yes it has been banned but will the law be applied... probably not if there is money involved...

I hate boxing  as well but everyone involved is an adult and chose to participate so  I have nothing to say..   I just do not watch it.

People get hurt playing all kinds of sports but those are accidents rather than the goal of the game..

5 hours ago, Lexy said:

The boxers have a choice to do it or not, bulls don't. Although it's just as revolting to watch two men where the "sport" is to knock one another unconscious, but hopefully not kill him as that brings bad press. And how about the cheering fans who attend this "entertainment"?  Blood sports, the bloodier the better. Yuck.

Are we going to watch the demise of football now that we know scientifically the brain damage it can cause players? Doubt it.

Good news: I read recently that dog fighting has been banned in Mexico. It's now against the law to train and pit a couple of dogs against each other until they maim or kill each other. Oh, so good--and we know how well laws are strictly enforced in Mexico, don't we.

Lexy

I wish cockfighting were illegal too.  While dog fighting appears to be more clandestine, even before if was technically illegal (I say technically because it will still go on and most likely nobody will get prosecuted for it,) cockfighting is apparently quite legal and even part of local celebrations.  Just watch for the signs advertising a "palenque."  

I will never understand human's pleasure in seeing other humans or, worse, defenseless animals suffer.

As a college student I used to inject monkeys with drugs to see if they died before the drug manufacturer went to the FDA for permission to do human trials. Some died. I thought this was cruel until my boss said "would you prefer we conduct human trials 1st?"

Great video. A true Art Form.    Bull meat is given to hospitals orphanages prisons etc so you are actually doing a community service when you buy your tickets. Plus it's a show. Better than cock fights.

2 hours ago, bdlngton said:

I will never understand human's pleasure in seeing other humans or, worse, defenseless animals suffer.

It is because many countries/cultures see the tree of life as a hierarchical structure. At the very top are the gods, and then the levels down to the lowest worm. This hierarchical view is very much alive in Mexico and the Latin world. Every father wants his son or daughter to do just a little better than he has achieved. Someone low on the hierarchy who wants their son or daughter to be Presidente is casting a death sentence. But at the same time, I am always amazed at sometimes there seems to be tremendous respect for all life, but then on other times coldhearted cruelty. Some say that it is because it is a common belief that animals have no soul, but then on other times there is the kindness to God's creatures as embodied by St. Francis of Assisi. The patron saint of Chapala.

There are many atrocities to animals at the hands of man, Canadians still club baby seals to death for whatever reason.   Bullfighting is of interest to a dedicated and passionate group and the bulls are bred for fighting.   One man's atrocity is another's passion dictated by country and culture.   It seems to me before we can be too critical we should clean up the atrocities in our own country.  

Sorry  but bullfights are part of my culture and I will speak against them here or in France since I am a citizen of both countries. Yes the bulls and cows are raised for fighting so that make it ok ,?Jjust like it makes it ok to fight dogs or chickens.. talking about a sad commentary on the human race.

I have always been an animal lover. I stopped going to Soriana's maybe a year after it opened because it was just down the road from an animal slaughter house, and one could hear the animals being slaughtered as you went shopping, I just couldn't handle it. Yet when I close my eyes and don't think about it when I have a hamburger.

Is that slaughter house still there, can one hear the animals as they are killed? I hope not, as I would like to go back.

Signed

Pete, another animal lover.

Some of us are now confusing killing animals for food or drug testing and killing for entertainment. (And I'm not moved by that ridiculous justification of bull fights because their dead meat goes to feed orphans.)

And some of these posts in justifying bull fights are getting downright pious. Please. Exhibiting cruelty to animals while a crowd cheers is despicable and sick. If you want to watch an art form go to a ballet.

Lexy

Archived