Chapala.com Webboard

Lonely Expats

since you have visited San Miguel you will already know a bunch of how to get started. The Lake Chapala area, IMO, will be even easier to meet people once here. 

Like the square in SMA, go to the squares in Ajijic and Chapala and other villages and just strike up a conversation with anyone willing.... and there will be many.  Before long you will have way more to do than you can possibly do. 

Maybe by Spring the Covid thing will be subsiding. Just when you come wear a mask and be considerate of the population here. If flying down, a good gesture would be to quarantine yourself for a week to make sure you haven't picked up something on the airplane or airports. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Lots of great info on this forum. I am a single guy planning to retire in Mexico, first stop Lake Chapala (since I have heard so many good things about this place). I going to drive down from California and get an Airbnb for one month. If the Ajijic/Lake Chapala area calls my name I plan to rent a small house there for the next six months. I’m excited about coming down, meeting new people and making new friends, (maybe even meet a lovely lady). Henrik 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, lakeside7 said:

Yes I misspoke , not reading the fully message, I apologize. Perhaps working with a professional therapist would help rather than reaching out to lay people?

Loneliness requires companionship, not psychotherapy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1