Chapala.com Webboard

Raid Wasp & Hornet shooter

I take it that the bee guy couldn't help with your problem? I was hoping for a positive report on that. So now, I need wasp spray too. :( The last time I used that stuff in Canada, I had to wait for absolute dark before using. Those wasps were not happy and I ran like hell.

No the bee guy got the nest but there are still enough of them clustered up there I'm concerned they'll just rebuild it.  I had to take a section of roof off to get at it so I don't want to put that back until I'm certain they are gone for good.

I can't "run like hell" because this is at the top of a sloped roof that isn't easy to get around on, let alone off of.

BTW, Ramon the bee guy was brilliant.  Did the whole job in under 5 minutes and saved the hive.

17 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

No the bee guy got the nest but there are still enough of them clustered up there I'm concerned they'll just rebuild it.  I had to take a section of roof off to get at it so I don't want to put that back until I'm certain they are gone for good.

I can't "run like hell" because this is at the top of a sloped roof that isn't easy to get around on, let alone off of.

BTW, Ramon the bee guy was brilliant.  Did the whole job in under 5 minutes and saved the hive.

If some are still swarming,then the queen is still there and they will build a new hive so the job was not done.

Here's some preventatives as well for the future. I particularly like the one "fake wasp/hornet nest" that is made with a balloon. Apparently they are very territorial and will not build within 200 yards of another nest. Considering the dangerous location of the last nest, it may be worth while.

http://www.1800remedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-wasps/

19 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I have seen it at the hardware store west of TelMex but I hope you don't have to use it on the precious bees.  They are so beneficial to our plants and crops.

Mainecoons is not talking about honey bees. Wasps and hornets feed on insects and carrion. In some places people call them meat bees.

Archived