Chapala.com Webboard

Lake Chapala Gains Status as Sport Fishing Venue

6 hours ago, cedros said:

Wild fish may tast muddy depending on the quality of the water they come from and from what they eat. Bass are opportunistic feeders and will feed on just about anything that swims in front of them making them easier to catch than Salmonids.

Get some facts will ya instead of the falsehoods you keep posting about fish which you clearly know nothing about. Your experience[which appears to be a border promotion] is limited to BC. What wild fish,in your limited experience if any,taste muddy?

These Arctic Char I caught in a stream near Whitecourt Alberta. I  have had muddy trout but not for the reason you wrongly post. And judging from your BS posts you're making, I run circles around you with my angling experience in Quebec,Ontario,Saskatchewan.Alberta and BC and interactions with gov't and private sector scientists . I have fished in Mexico and in Montana where I could do my species hat trick near my cabin in Belt. In any event, this is about bass fishing in this lake  which you have been slagging one way or another for years.

arctic grayling whitcourt.jpg

9 hours ago, cedros said:

Wild fish may tast muddy depending on the quality of the water they come from and from what they eat. Bass are opportunistic feeders and will feed on just about anything that swims in front of them making them easier to catch than Salmonids.

So you're saying if a big bass eats a lake trout, it is going to taste like trout, until the next fish it eats, which it will then taste like? And that muddy water makes it taste muddy? According to you, anything that goes into a stomach then gets digested into the flesh? That doesn't explain the billions of cod that never tasted like seawood... or the beef that doesn't taste like grass or corn. Or the shrimp that doesn't taste like silt. Seriously, just stop.

• Like 1

Peter gains status as a legend in his own mind. Who was supporting you on these fishing adventures? Your dream was to do a fishin, huntin and fixin car video series on television. Not one sane producer was interested. Red Green was very successful at this concept - but it was a very funny comedy. He must have consulted with you for comedy material. Your trial fishing adventure video was under and around the main bridge in Edmonton, which if you knew Edmonton, is almost downtown, and the concept is hilarious. Next adventure, Brooklyn Bridge!

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Peter gains status as a legend in his own mind. Who was supporting you on these fishing adventures? Your dream was to do a fishin, huntin and fixin car video series on television. Not one sane producer was interested. Red Green was very successful at this concept - but it was a very funny comedy. He must have consulted with you for comedy material. Your trial fishing adventure video was under and around the main bridge in Edmonton, which if you knew Edmonton, is almost downtown, and the concept is hilarious. Next adventure, Brooklyn Bridge!

Appears that you are as fact impaired as much as cedros, chillin aka gary waller purveyor of self aggrandizement  and silly fact less personal attacks. Red Green described you perfectly. I'm surprised that you have finally admitted your shortcomings I paid my own freight for 60 years for my angling and hunting adventures and when I get around to chasing some bass on this lake I will gladly pay the guide even if I pay he and his boat just for me. I don't fish nor hunt with just anybody.

Caledon Hills fall Brookies caught with 2 lifelong friends may they RIP now.

pedro kertesz experienced sportsman

brook trout.jpg

One report I read on the lake was when all the testing for pollutants was done the lake was very low making concentrations much higher. Haven't heard of any tests since that ladies explanation of the water was at record lows when tests were done.

To each their own on fish they like. Bass can be a challenge to get out of their spot. But like stuck on a name brand trout is what I like. For no regret eating bluegills/crapies/sunfish that over populate fell better throwing in a pan for breakfast. Maybe some good breeding grounds for bass can be laid on the bottom that also prevent the gill netting guys from getting to them. It's a big lake and I'd thing there could be some holes the commercial fishers wouldn't mind staying away from after breeding grounds are set.

Good luck on the tournaments. You only have to say the word and they'll come :)

Fishing Jokes - Boat Angling

18 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Appears that you are as fact impaired as much as cedros, chillin aka gary waller purveyor of self aggrandizement  and silly fact less personal attacks. Red Green described you perfectly. I'm surprised that you have finally admitted your shortcomings I paid my own freight for 60 years for my angling and hunting adventures and when I get around to chasing some bass on this lake I will gladly pay the guide even if I pay he and his boat just for me. I don't fish nor hunt with just anybody.

Caledon Hills fall Brookies caught with 2 lifelong friends may they RIP now.

pedro kertesz experienced sportsman

brook trout.jpg

• Haha 2