Chapala.com Webboard

What do you think of...

I'm looking to find more info from anyone that lived (rented or bought) any of the condos in upper la floresta on top of paseo del Lago. 

How was your experience? Anyone else that didn't live there but knows anything about the area/condo complex? 

Cheers! 

I went to meet with the lawyers from Guad on Sat to discuss my problems with both the rental agent and the condo.

As the mgr commented the contract  is with the rental agent. If the condo does not provide the services advertised by the rental agent you must sue the rental agent and then they must pursue the condo assoc. Be aware some condo assoc are BROKE.

They advised me to get an attorney add the clauses to the lease that will protect you

15 minutes ago, garmemorial said:

I went to meet with the lawyers from Guad on Sat to discuss my problems with both the rental agent and the condo.

As the mgr commented the contract  is with the rental agent. If the condo does not provide the services advertised by the rental agent you must sue the rental agent and then they must pursue the condo assoc. Be aware some condo assoc are BROKE.

They advised me to get an attorney add the clauses to the lease that will protect you

Are you renting in the same condo complex? From your other posts it sounds like you are renting somewhere else.

When I was looking for a new place to rent in April, I viewed a couple of the units at the corner of Paseo del Lago and Paseo del Mirador.  Before I met with the rental agent, I had a couple of other people that were renting there stop me and tell me about all the problems they were having with this agent.  Plus, the homes themselves looked like they may need a lot of work.  I found another home elsewhere to rent.

Each condo is independently owned. Like every other house on this planet some need work and others are beautiful . The ones that are owner occupied are kept up. The ones that are rental units are not Kept up..The grounds were always well looked after.

i lived there for 9yrs and loved it there.. Very secure location.. The gate is always locked. Lived in several of the units and was lucky enough to have great owners and wonderful rental agents.

If you want a secure quiet  reasonable priced unit in a great location, the condos are not a bad place to rent.

From my 9yrs of living there I'm not sure what services the condo assoc are supposed to provide, other than supply water, sewer and grounds upkeep.

Does this condominium have a name? Is there a board of directors? So if a condo is for rent, one deals with the owner directly or is there a rental agent representing the owners of each condo for rent?

I'm not asking out of curiosity. I'd appreciate the answers.

Lexy

4 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Each condo is independently owned. Like every other house on this planet some need work and others are beautiful . The ones that are owner occupied are kept up. The ones that are rental units are not Kept up..The grounds were always well looked after.

i lived there for 9yrs and loved it there.. Very secure location.. The gate is always locked. Lived in several of the units and was lucky enough to have great owners and wonderful rental agents.

If you want a secure quiet  reasonable priced unit in a great location, the condos are not a bad place to rent.

From my 9yrs of living there I'm not sure what services the condo assoc are supposed to provide, other than supply water, sewer and grounds upkeep.

Thank you for your reply. I was more interested on the location and how the condo fees are managed. The unit itself will be well taken care of as it will be fully renovated. What i wasn't impressed with was the common pool (not the cleanest, and not heated) and the common area was run down. 

The fees were around 1200 pesos a month. Where is all this money going? Were most of the units empty when you lived there? Also how long ago did you live there and did you have any trouble with water? 

I moved last September after 9yrs.  The place was quiet in the off season (April to October) but after that most of the units were occupied, severall of them are used by people from Guad as a weekend retreat. 

I found it to be a very social place during the season, lots of get together's on someone's patio, or one of the common areas.

I concur with your comments about the pool area, being surrounded by trees causes a lot of issues with leaves and such like being dropped in the pools.

There is or was a condo board when I lived there. Not being an owner or property manager I have only hearsay knowledge of what went on. I did know the head of the condo board, but for the last couple of years she was very ill and passed away recently. As you come in through the drive in gate there was a notice board with dates of upcoming board meetings. And other relevant info.

The water pressure was good. At the far end of the complex They have their own water pumping station. In my 9yrs there I only remember a couple of times the water system going down because of pump problems.

If I hadn't moved in with someone I would still be there.  

10 hours ago, Lexy said:

Does this condominium have a name? Is there a board of directors? So if a condo is for rent, one deals with the owner directly or is there a rental agent representing the owners of each condo for rent?

I'm not asking out of curiosity. I'd appreciate the answers.

Lexy

They have always been known as "The Condos".  As I said in a previous post I believe there is a condo board.

Every unit is different.  Some of them you deal with the owner, others you deal with an agent, some agents have only one unit, others have several, units that they represent.. If you walk around the complex there are "For Rent" signs with contact info on some of the units.

Archived