Chapala.com Webboard

Be Aware: Grocery Expiration Dates

26 minutes ago, betty7 said:

xena most customers @ SL shop for imported products- mostly packed goods, cans. i see the carts. ALL my produce is from small mex stores. i potatoes or carrots maybe alvacados @ SL. that depends upon the day i go. he puts out his american sweet patatoes every week but they come in once a month. so mushy most of the time. rice beans nuts coffee yogart (when its new), ok. rarely produce. been that way for over a year.

Huh. Interesting. I bought produce in there a few weeks ago. But, whatever.

29 minutes ago, betty7 said:

xena most customers @ SL shop for imported products- mostly packed goods, cans. i see the carts. ALL my produce is from small mex stores. i potatoes or carrots maybe alvacados @ SL. that depends upon the day i go. he puts out his american sweet patatoes every week but they come in once a month. so mushy most of the time. rice beans nuts coffee yogart (when its new), ok. rarely produce. been that way for over a year.

How do you see the carts Bennie? You have stated many many times that you only shop SuperLake at night when there's nobody else there.

Always check the dates no matter where you are in North America. But remember that "best before" does not mean "goes rotten on".

47 minutes ago, Rony said:

Fecha de caducidad ?

I don't know if that is the term used on everything being discussed. Also interesting is that in the translation program I used, fecha de caducidad had three meanings: expiry, use by, and sell by. Not very helpful. I guess we need to know what the producers of the items mean by it. 

can you read or do you like to sound clever. i suggest you re read. each sentence. thank you mike. superlakes produce is similar to walmarts much of the time. dislosure: only been to W's food section 3 x's since it was built.

ferret, unfortunatly the mexican driver can only take me daytime. i see what they buy. mostly boxes cans bags jars bottles. produce for me in SL is semi occassionally. brocolli from the US is absurd, better when its been picked locally. sometimes the containers of fruit are bad @ SL. other times its ok. he just doesnt care to get rid of things. i go there maybe once or twice a month. he doesnt even have fish most of the time. erased dates on dairy is believable.

I have no idea what other people buy in any of the stores where I shop. It is none of my business. If I like a store, I shop there. If I do not like it, I don't shop there. Simple, no? End of story.

me? i cant help it as the food is right there in my face on the converer belt. most of the time the customer matches their food choices. anyway, if you like your superlake you can keep your superlake. end of my story.

56 minutes ago, betty7 said:

me? i cant help it as the food is right there in my face on the converer belt. most of the time the customer matches their food choices. anyway, if you like your superlake you can keep your superlake. end of my story.

Yeah right! That's what they said about my doctor.

Archived