Chapala.com Webboard

Elderly brown female lab found on Libramiento

If anyone has a clue who this female dog might belong to, would you reply to me, or pick the dog up at El Figon restaurant next to Tio Sam's? She is wearing a blue cloth collar with white detail--sadly, no tags!!! The owner of El Figon thinks she came from north of there, so possibly from one of the gated communities along that stretch of the libramiento. She is tired, but is resting comfortably.

I got a phone call from a lady who is taking in the dog tonight. Tomorrow I will try to pick up the dog and take him around to the guards on the gated communities on the libramiento to see if anyone recognizes HIM! (I am informed that he is a male--just shows how naive and unobservant  I am!!!) Such a sweet dog. Many thanks to the owner at El Figon who took him in. No tags, but groomed and a nice collar--this mystifies me!

This time of year, every year without fail, snowbirds leave their dogs and return north.  Living in Chapala Haciendas we often get dogs dumped off in our fracc while they drive past on their way to the airport.  Guess they think that we will take in their dogs and care for them.  Well, what they don't understand is that so many of us "permanentes" already have many rescue dogs and simply cannot keep taking in more.  This is what this story reminds me of.  

To the original poster  - please PM me and keep me posted on the status of this dog.  A lab is not going to survive on the street - way too gentle a breed -they need to be in a home with people. WE can help if needed.  Keep us posted.

Forgot to mention, we know Lori & Carlos - we'll check in tomorrow when they open at the restaurant and get the update.  Sure hope the dog just got out and that his owners love him and are looking for him. In this day and age - why would any dog not have a tag if has responsible owners  - leaves me worried that "he" has been dumped.  

Are you sure it is female, our older Chocolate lab male with a blue collar disappeared from our home in Chula Vista Norte today.  This is husband photo from a few years ago.  He has more white on his muzzle now.  He is very loving and sweet.  My husband is without a car right now but our home number is 766-5881.

FB_IMG_1493866521271.jpg

frea1006, that certainly looks like the dog! I had a call from a woman who has taken the dog home for the night, but will return him to El Fogon restaurant when they open--they open at noon, according to online info.

Please post as to how this turns out!

Is there any way that you can have the woman call my husband?  766-5881 and talk to him.  He is going to go out this morning and search again if he doesn't know for sure that this is Chief.  He doesn't have a car right now so he could meet her at the gates to Chula Vista Norte instead of going all the way down to the restaurant if she would be amenable to that.   

11 hours ago, Guiness said:

Forgot to mention, we know Lori & Carlos - we'll check in tomorrow when they open at the restaurant and get the update.  Sure hope the dog just got out and that his owners love him and are looking for him. In this day and age - why would any dog not have a tag if has responsible owners  - leaves me worried that "he" has been dumped.  

Guines,  We love our puppy more than anything.  Unfortunately he doesn't have a tag because I haven't found one that doesn't cut his ears when he shakes his head and 99.9% of the time he is on a leash with us or behind the gates in our yard and I'd rather not have his poor ears cut and bleeding all the time for that tiny percentage of time he isn't with us.  He is chipped though.  

frea1006, the lady's name is Paula, and her phone is 331 - 281 - 4171. Based on the photo and your location, I am sure this is your dog.

Good work JayBear and everyone involved. Yeah team!!!

To the owners - how about having his contact info printed on fabric and stitched on his collar. A phone# is enough, on the off chance he takes another walk-about.

And, a huge thank you to Lori & Carlos at Figon Charlotte for taking this dog in and creating the excitement that ended in the dog being reunited with it's owners.  To the owners - figure out a way to get the dogs name and number on it's collar.  Glad that you are all together again.  We were at La Figon Charolette tonight for dinner and Lori (owner) was quite concerned as to who the rightful owner really is.  Looks like all is well, I will call Lori and let her know.  A happy ending.       Thanks to everybody.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:59 PM, JayBearII said:

I got a phone call from a lady who is taking in the dog tonight. Tomorrow I will try to pick up the dog and take him around to the guards on the gated communities on the libramiento to see if anyone recognizes HIM! (I am informed that he is a male--just shows how naive and unobservant  I am!!!) Such a sweet dog. Many thanks to the owner at El Figon who took him in. No tags, but groomed and a nice collar--this mystifies me!

Sounds like you need a lesson in basic dog anatomy ?.  Thanks for getting Chief back to his family.

Archived