Chapala.com Webboard

Question for those who live close to the Ajijic bull ring

Kevin K

We're considering renting a place in La Floresta whose back yard directly abuts the Lienzo Charro aka Bull Ring in Ajijic. Years ago when we lived in upper La Floresta a few blocks up, but directly in the sonic line of fire from, said arena there was blisteringly loud music but only about once a month. Just looking for an update on what we'd be in for, as the current rental we're looking at is dead quiet otherwise and suits our needs well. 

Thanks for any feedback. 

I live one little block from the Lienzo.  The extreme loudness of the past seems to be less (thanks to many complaints?).  I have actually heard eventos there with an unamplified banda with only the singer on a mike recently.  It's been a while since there was an 8-12 hour very loud concert.  I'm not exaggerating.  Overall, it seems like a more peaceful, less noisy ambience has settled over the town.  Thank God(dess) our prayers have been answered (keeping fingers crossed).  

We are two blocks south and a couple of blocks west. After conferring with the spousal unit, we think maybe it's 4-5 times per year on the average during the past couple of years.

Archived