Chapala.com Webboard

2 purebreed English Sheepdogs - need a home

Yesterday two pure breed English Sheepdogs were surrendered to Anita's Animals by their owner.       

It was a most difficult decision made by the owner. I do not know  the personal details that brought this decision about.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

The purpose of this posting is to let readers know that these dogs are available for adoption, and finding them a home..with nil focus on how could a person give up their own pets, etc...        

The male is 3 years old, neutered and has been vaccinated.  

The female is 2 years old, spayed, and vaccinated.                                                                      

IF possible  it would be ideal if they could be adopted together.

They get along with others dogs - do not know about cats. 

They are available to be seen at Anita's .  The shelter is  open Friday - Tuesday,  10A - 2PM and 4P - 6PM. 

Sorry do not have a picture of them  -  my  camera has 'died' .

• 3 weeks later...

INCREDIBLE! God I wish I lived closer.. How could people give up such beautiful animals? I've never been to Chapala but have plans to visit

this summer( I live in La Paz). What is the water there? I see two Goldens for adoption as well. Nuttsy CoCo. Are the residents of LC wacko

or just wacked!!

"Anita's" I can only guess that is a shelter? Web page or phone? Pleez.

A very good day -    Max the cat returning home.

AND, 

the two  Olde English  Sheep dogs have found a home  together

They have a new loving family with a large property - so lots of room to romp,  and another large dog to play with.

Still looking for a home for a pure breed female Cocker Spaniel at Anita's Animals. .

On 4/3/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jackie said:

AND, 

They have a new loving family with a large property - so lots of room to romp,  and another large dog to play with.

Still looking for a home for a pure breed female Cocker Spaniel at Anita's Animals. .

How about more info on the cocker & picture?

I wish people responding to posts about adopting someone's dogs would not be so negative. There are usually very good reasons why people have to find new homes for their pets--not always, as I did know someone who came here for a short time, adopted a dog, and then did not even try to take it back to their home NOB or find it a good home--just dumped it at a shelter. But most people who are giving up pets have health reasons for doing so: they can no longer take care of the pet, or they have to go into a nursing home where the pet(s) will not be allowed, or they have to go to live with relatives who won't take the pets, or something similar. Let's concentrate on finding homes for those animals who need them, not dumping on the people who give them up, when we don't know the circumstances. If you have pets, it is a good idea to have a reciprocal agreement with friends who have pets, with the understanding that each of you will take the other's pets if one of you falls ill or dies. However, that is very hard to arrange! And hard to keep in effect as people age!

On 4/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, greengrosser said:

INCREDIBLE! God I wish I lived closer.. How could people give up such beautiful animals? I've never been to Chapala but have plans to visit

this summer( I live in La Paz). What is the water there? I see two Goldens for adoption as well. Nuttsy CoCo. Are the residents of LC wacko

or just wacked!!

"Anita's" I can only guess that is a shelter? Web page or phone? Pleez.

All I can say is WOW to your post.  There are all kinds of reasons pets are given up.  It isn't only here. It is ALL over the world !!  

3 hours ago, JayBearII said:

I wish people responding to posts about adopting someone's dogs would not be so negative. There are usually very good reasons why people have to find new homes for their pets--not always, as I did know someone who came here for a short time, adopted a dog, and then did not even try to take it back to their home NOB or find it a good home--just dumped it at a shelter. But most people who are giving up pets have health reasons for doing so: they can no longer take care of the pet, or they have to go into a nursing home where the pet(s) will not be allowed, or they have to go to live with relatives who won't take the pets, or something similar. Let's concentrate on finding homes for those animals who need them, not dumping on the people who give them up, when we don't know the circumstances. If you have pets, it is a good idea to have a reciprocal agreement with friends who have pets, with the understanding that each of you will take the other's pets if one of you falls ill or dies. However, that is very hard to arrange! And hard to keep in effect as people age!

A very good perspective.  And I would like to add this for thought.   "When you go to one of our wonderful shelters here and look at the dogs for adoption please do some serious math and maybe "the puppy or the one yr old dog is not for you" - Please consider your age and the age of the dog you are wanting to adopt - make sure the best you can that you will outlive the dog" .  Do that math and then adopt the dog that fits with your age.  They depend on us and we are their "keepers'.  Food for thought.

31 minutes ago, Guiness said:

A very good perspective.  And I would like to add this for thought.   "When you go to one of our wonderful shelters here and look at the dogs for adoption please do some serious math and maybe "the puppy or the one yr old dog is not for you" - Please consider your age and the age of the dog you are wanting to adopt - make sure the best you can that you will outlive the dog" .  Do that math and then adopt the dog that fits with your age.  They depend on us and we are their "keepers'.  Food for thought.

Excellent post !!! 

On 4/3/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jackie said:

AND, 

What about the cocker spaniel - how old, healthy?, someone\s pet or street dog? - picture\?

Sorry for the delay in my reply - computer problems.

Do not have a picture of this female youngish  adult Cocker.

She has been in residence for about a year  - I believe turned in my her owners. 

Many people have  chosen smaller   'fru-fru'  type dogs  over her . 

She gets along with her other dog companions,  spayed, healthy and cheerful .

Come see her at Anita's,  open Fridays - Tuesdays  10 A - 2PM and 4P - 6PM

Archived