Chapala.com Webboard

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Intercasa

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2017 at 8:39 AM, geeser said:

If the ICE just refuses them entry to the USA what country are then in? It is a popular scam to refuse to tell immigration where you are from or a citizen of. Europe is running into this very problem now. So if Mexico found the immigrant acceptable to be in Mexico even to transit to the USA it should be Mexico's problem ont the USA . You will never prove any uncooperative new arrival's country of orgin so Mexico needs to let them retransit to their home country.

It seems there is confusion between undocumented immigrants who are already in the U.S. and those who arrive at the Mexico-U.S. border and try to enter through a port of entry (not through the desert as many do.)  Those who arrive at a port if entry and have contact with U.S. immigration have certain rights if they ask for asylum because they believe returning to their country of origin will endanger their lives.  If their request is denied they are not allowed to enter, thus leaving them on the Mexican side of the border regardless of where they ars from.

This is very different from an undocumented immigrant who is already in the U.S. who is caught by ICE.  Many of those have simply overstayed a visa time limit, most likely a visitor visa, although some have clandestinely crossed the border without any visa.  In the latter cases the undocumented immigrants can be deported but the U.S. cannot arbitrarily send them all to Mexico if they are not Mexican citizens.  Why would Mexico accept people who are not their citizens?  This method of deportation makes no more sense than bussing them to Canada and expecting Canada to let them in or flying them to England and expecting England to allow them to enter.  It's not like ICE can just drive into Mexico and let of people who have no legal right to be there no more than the Mexican government can round up people in Mexico without visas and drive thrm into the U.S. or Belize or Guatemala and let them out and expect those countries to accept them.  

This whole idea of deporting all undocumented immigrants to Mexico is not only crazy but very disrespectful of Mexico's right to decide who can legally enter the country.  It seems to me that those who even consider this an option maybe don't understand that there are many countries south of the U.S. border annd not everybody who speaks Spanish or is dark-skinned must be Mexican.   As to some people's argument that Mexico should have to take these people because they travelled through Mexico to reach the U.S. border, would they therefore believe that the U.S. should have to receive a Guatemalan or Honduran or Salvadoran who traveled through the U.S. to cross the Canadian border illegally?  Of course not.  Americans would be very upset if Canada disrespected U.S. immigration laws and used the U.S. as a dumping ground for people they don't want in their country.  If they are to be deported then they should be returned to their country of origin.  

Do not interpret the above to mean that I am in favor of these mass deportations.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:16 PM, TelsZ4 said:

Typical of the way Americans think....  Why can't they conform to the culture and customs of the country they are residing in...?

Many countries want you to have your photo taken with a government official when you receive your resident card.. Canada being one of them.

If you don't want your picture taken then don't apply for a Temporay or Permenant resident card.... And stop complaining about your privacy being invaded...

It seems to me that Spencer's original post was to say that by holding on to people's visas, which have been legally issued by INM, so that the local presidente can use these people for a photo op is not taking into consideration the fact that often people need these visas NOW to take care of legal matters or to travel outside the country.  Making visa recipients wait so the presidente can get his photo taken at some kind of bogus "ceremony" with foreigners can be a great inconvenience to the visa recipient.  The municipal government has NOTHING to do with  the issuance of a resident visa, as that is a federal function.  So why should the municipal government have any say in when the visa is delivered?  It is simply a ploy to make the presidente municipal look good.  I would rather see a photo of him wit citizens or residents doing something that is actually within the parameters of the municipal government, particularly something that benefits the residents of the municipio.  It's all for show for no reason other than to boost the presidente's ego while perhaps causing inconvenience to the visa recipient.

On February 25, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Hud said:

Don't see anyone who elected the new US President doing any of those things, just the cry baby losers. Get used to it, things are a changing ! The US Electorate has SPOKEN, Loud and Clear !

You're right Hud.  Some of those who voted for the President have more important things to do like vandalize Jewish cemeteries.   

3 minutes ago, pedro malo said:

You're right Hud.  Some of those who voted for the President have more important things to do like vandalize Jewish cemeteries.   

That is a really worthless comment. Obviously, fits your style, pm.

Bdlngton, Mexico has an agreement with the Central American countries to let the migrants thru to the USA. Yes, the U.S. is the dumping ground not Mexico. There even was a housing facility in Guad for them. There are also several hundred Africans who are housed at the mex border. They fly in and are let across. Maybe those days are over? Maybe its just "who we are" after all.

Some of those from the Middle East like to vandalize cemetaries. It's a religious statement, its done all over their homeland and Europe. Isn't diversity just ginger peachy?? Justblame everything on American patriots. I mean thats what you are told to do, right?

35 minutes ago, Hud said:

That is a really worthless comment. Obviously, fits your style, pm.

Oh, and killing harmless Indians in bars that they mistaken for Muslim Arabs with about the same level of white trash ignorance that it took to decide who to vote for President.  Yup, certainly bring out the best of America!

How in the world did you all get here from the original topic?

Hey PM, maybe it is just that elitist snobbery that decided that election, along with the fact that maybe the U.S. isn't ready for Mexico style corruption and play for pay yet.  Not to mention exposing national secrets all over planet earth.

Pretty poor

People aren't nearly as dumb as the elite thinks.  Instead of calling people stupid because they don't agree with you, maybe it is time to look at why they made that choice.  For certain, posting hatred here isn't going to solve anything.  Is this the kind of impression you want to make?

Let's face it, it was a lousy choice and has been so for a long time.  That is what we all should be worried about IMO.  System is badly broken and we have paid the consequences dearly from wrongful wars to awful economic policies leading to decline and division and scapegoating.  Not a recipe for a bright future for either country.

Wow and no politics allowed except when it suits the moderator. So much overt racism and misinformation. I suspect some of you are here simply for the cost of living and weather and while you grit your teeth filled with anti-Mexican feelings. if you have an issue with "Mexico style corruption" then maybe not the place for you. And while you speak of corruption did YOU pay taxes on the mortgages you loaned? Did you register with SAT?

How many of you rent homes and pay no taxes; how many have EdoMex plates; how many pay bribes; how many have full time employees and pay no social security?

And to see so much misinformation such as Mexico having an agreement to let through those from Central America is sheer stupidity. Every day at INM I see those caught being sent back to Central America and INM staff away from the office for weeks at a time while they work the borders sending back illegals. Some of you have no clue. Google .. US Involvement in Central America and get informed as to why so many have been fleeing Central America.

Now the greatest offender and pot stirrer will close this thread which should have happened at the beginning. 

Enough with your racism, myths and lies.

Sonia

Sonia please don't insult our intelligence by pretending there isn't very serious political and economic corruption here.  And apparently getting worse.

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

As for the rest of your post, what does that have to do with the original topic other than you venting your anger?  Do you honestly believe what you are accusing us of is unique to expats?

I'm disappointed that you have resorted to this level of personal attack and accusations.  Really.

Mainecoons learning from you. if so bad the highways go both ways. Meanwhile, please declare income and register with SAT. 

PS I did not bring up the lies about those from Central America being welcomed and encouraged.

Could you explain just where the insult is?  

What would you call this Fred?  I'd call it an insult to our community.

19 minutes ago, Sonia said:

How many of you rent homes and pay no taxes; how many have EdoMex plates; how many pay bribes; how many have full time employees and pay no social security?

Why do you think this is in the news here?

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/citizens-committee-set-for-corruption-fight/

What does any of this have to do with the original topic, posted BTW by a Mexican citizen?

Pretending something doesn't exist is a sure way to keep it.

28 minutes ago, Sonia said:

Mainecoons learning from you. if so bad the highways go both ways. Meanwhile, please declare income and register with SAT. 

PS I did not bring up the lies about those from Central America being welcomed and encouraged.

Neither did I.  So why are you attacking me personally and making slanderous inferences?

Unfortunately you are correct.  I try not to do this when I'm a participant but the other mods are not stepping in.

It's sad we can't have respectful and substantive discussions here about a situation which is of absolutely vital interest to us all.  Really, folks, some of you need to get control of your anger and hatred.  It is not helping this situation and it is dividing this community.

As Americans we should be setting an example of a people who believe in our Constitution and in the free and friendly exchange of ideas and views.  We're letting ourselves and others down.

Archived